Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   May have spotted the Snoop (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/may-have-spotted-snoop-297857/)

Chatbrat 09-07-2019 11:48 AM

May have spotted the Snoop

I live in Tamarind Grove, spotted a woman riding around with a clip board-she stopped in front of several residences. The residences had lawn ornaments , one of them had a little white cross-I followed and asked her what she was doing-she said she was on a scavenger hunt.

If my neighbors get a visit from community standards--I got a good description of her & her golf cart + a video on my phone

ureout 09-07-2019 11:51 AM

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Chi-Town 09-07-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1679264)
I live in Tamarind Grove, spotted a woman riding around with a clip board-she stopped in front of several residences. The residences had lawn ornaments , one of them had a little white cross-I followed and asked her what she was doing-she said she was on a scavenger hunt.

If my neighbors get a visit from community standards--I got a good description of her & her golf cart + a video on my phone

Good data. Now you can snoop on her. [emoji368][emoji361]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

blueash 09-07-2019 12:38 PM

So now you may know who is complaining. What do you suggest is an appropriate community response to this information? I would take your posting as a threat of retaliation. It is exactly that mindset which has made it necessary for the complaint system to be anonymous, that some people feel "snoops" as you labelled this person should be outed and apparently punished by the community.

starflyte1 09-07-2019 12:47 PM

Thank you, Good to know. Threatening to promote retaliation??? I don’t think so.

manaboutown 09-07-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Well, she has established herself as a liar!

Villageswimmer 09-07-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

While you may mean well, why do you think she or anyone owes you an explanation? Maybe she thinks YOU’RE a snoop.

What a waste of your time and an affront to a stranger’s privacy. Did you ask her permission to video her?

Villageswimmer 09-07-2019 01:08 PM

This is just creepy.

Chatbrat 09-07-2019 01:09 PM

Let people put lawn ornaments, what's the crime on our postage stamp lots ?-- My neighbor is retired army he has a small statute of a soldier saluting the flag

Maybe it will stop her for making other peoples' live miserable--they came to TV, to spend their retirement , free from condo commando's

graciegirl 09-07-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1679303)
Let people put lawn ornaments, what's the crime on our postage stamp lots ?-- My neighbor is retired army he has a small statute of a soldier saluting the flag

Maybe it will stop her for making other peoples' live miserable--they came to TV, to spend their retirement , free from condo commando's

I like the things restricted in the deed restrictions. We moved from a place that was also deed restricted. It keeps things looking nice. Not everyone has impeccable good taste like you, Chatbrat.

valuemkt 09-07-2019 01:22 PM

If true, she has been a menace to many peoples well meaning happiness .. what a shame if the tables were turned a bit..

Velvet 09-07-2019 01:51 PM

This thread should be posted on the FUN thread.

CWGUY 09-07-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1679306)
I like the things restricted in the deed restrictions. We moved from a place that was also deed restricted. It keeps things looking nice. Not everyone has impeccable good taste like you, Chatbrat.

And I have a whole pat of flamingos in my District 2 neighborhood to prove it! :ohdear:

roob1 09-07-2019 01:58 PM

She is a menace because she is helping maintain TV's appearance standards, as spelled out in covenants we all "signed off on" when we bought?

I don't follow your logic.....unless you think people's happiness is dependent upon their choosing to ignore our rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 1679308)
If true, she has been a menace to many peoples well meaning happiness .. what a shame if the tables were turned a bit..

Marathon Man 09-07-2019 02:21 PM

Chatbrat and others are the exact reason that annonymous reporting is needed and will stay in place. This is absolutley a call to retaliate.

Just what do want someone to do once you give them the 'good description'? As soon as a story comes out that this woman was harmed, you can beam with pride that you enabled it to happen.

Please move away. Hateful people have no place here.