Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   So why do people have such an issue... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/so-why-do-people-have-such-issue-297897/)

Mortal1 09-07-2019 08:56 PM

So why do people have such an issue...

with turning in folks with deed restriction violations.

Seems to me folks moved here in large part because of those deed restrictions. And since most are not enforced unless they are reported I'd think those who make it their duty to help enforce restrictions would be thanked.

Perhaps those who complain of those who help enforce the restrictions are those who break the simple to understand even by a 7 year old rules are upset.

Perhaps those who don't appreciate the folks who don't want our neighborhoods looking like a trailer park filled with degenerates are part of the problem.

Perhaps they just don't like people doing what is right and proper.

My take? Those who complain and continually post about those who keep the villages looking nice are usually in violation of more than one deed restriction.

Keep up the good work in reporting violations!!! If you don't like them you can always move to San Fran or L.A. or Seattle. You'd like it there. No restrictions at all. Watch where you step.

The restrictions are simple and easy to follow. All of them have a purpose. If you don't see the purpose perhaps it's because of the narrow view you take.

Aces4 09-07-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1679447)

Seems to me folks moved here in large part because of those deed restrictions. And since most are not enforced unless they are reported I'd think those who make it their duty to help enforce restrictions would be thanked.

Perhaps those who complain of those who help enforce the restrictions are those who break the simple to understand even by a 7 year old rules are upset.

Perhaps those who don't appreciate the folks who don't want our neighborhoods looking like a trailer park filled with degenerates are part of the problem.

My take? Those who complain and continually post about those who keep the villages looking nice are usually in violation of more than one deed restriction.

Keep up the good work in reporting violations!!! If you don't like them you can always move to San Fran or L.A. or Seattle. You'd like it there. No restrictions at all. Watch where you step.

The restrictions are simple and easy to follow. All of them have a purpose. If you don't see the purpose perhaps it's because of the narrow view you take.

I can only tell you how it affects me and that it reminds me of Nazi Germany and how neighbors turned in neighbors. I don’t mind the restrictions but I don’t like the snitching.

Number 10 GI 09-07-2019 09:18 PM

If you don't live in the neighborhood and the people who actually live there have no problem with what their neighbor has in their yard, why is it any of your business?

the square 09-07-2019 09:23 PM

Over 55,over 65,over 75 a back stabbing rat is a rat just the same. You notice these rats don't have to identify themselves, that's where their nerve
comes from.

EdFNJ 09-07-2019 09:26 PM

N/M wrong thread! :)

Martian 09-07-2019 09:34 PM

I am having hard time figuring out how most of the rules I read in my neighborhood being violated will suddenly lead to my neighborhood becoming trailer park trash.

My home is in violation at this very moment and I have only been here 3 days! OMG! The Internet service provider had to run a bright orange cable from the junction box out front along my neighbors yard, around the back of my house and back up to the front side where it goes into my house. They had to do this because the junction box is on the wrong side of my drive way, and it's a RULE that they can not put it under my drive way without permission. So, my neighbor was fine with them putting this ugly cable on the ground for 2 or 3 days while they get permission to put it under my driveway.

I guess I have now personally made all the houses in the villages loose at a least 10% of their market value by letting the company install this monstrosity.

It appears to me that by making it a complaint driven system the rules are designed/intended to be interpreted by the neighbors as far as how strict or not they want their neighborhood to be. And I agree with the post above, if you don't live in my neighborhood, how is my having a pottery frog (or a long orange wire) in my front yard affecting your quality of life or the resale value of your property?

I guess it is just the same as the grammar NAZIs online. Those people that feel compelled to ignore the meaning of a post and focus on the missing comma... I mean, BUT BUT BUT ITS THE RULE!

Edjkoz 09-07-2019 09:37 PM

I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1679453)
If you don't live in the neighborhood and the people who actually live there have no problem with what their neighbor has in their yard, why is it any of your business?

I agree. If you’re not in the neighborhood, you should mind your own businesses.
I understand having complaints handled anonymously but I believe the complaint should have to come from your neighbor s not from someone just passing thru your neighborhood

graciegirl 09-07-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the square (Post 1679455)
Over 55,over 65,over 75 a back stabbing rat is a rat just the same. You notice these rats don't have to identify themselves, that's where their nerve
comes from.

Your opinion is not the majority opinion. Most of us have lived with deed restrictions for many years before we came here.

This isn't a penitentiary where people rat out others. This is far from being a Nazi situation. People like their property, their street, their Village and their town to be nicely kept. Thank goodness we can report infringements and they will be stopped.

Topspinmo 09-07-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1679447)

FILLED WITH DEGENERATE’S. I guess you don’t read the online news. Let’s see we got underaged kids living in the villages, 20 to 54 year olds drug addicts, methheads, drunks, living with parents and we’re worried about lawn ornaments when each district has different rules.

manaboutown 09-07-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1679477)
FILLED WITH DEGENERATE’S. I guess you don’t read the online news. Let’s see we got underaged kids living in the villages, 20 to 54 year olds drug addicts, methheads, drunks, living with parents and we’re worried about lawn ornaments when each district has different rules.

Convicted sex offenders, felonious care givers, drug dealers, ex-cons, chop shops, and adult children losers of every stripe living with parents get a free pass... but if someone places a small lawn ornament in their front yard which neighbors live with in peace and enjoy for years but an out of the neighborhood troll looking to cause trouble spots...look out!

Velvet 09-07-2019 11:48 PM

There is a beauty about TV the way it is. It is pleasant to drive along its well manicured streets. In most cities you have to pay a large premium to live in a similar district.

I agree with lawn ornament restrictions because what is beautiful to one person, can be offensive to another. If you want to express individual taste, this is the wrong place. It’s like a private school either you follow the rules or you’re out. No one is forcing anyone to be here.

And please don’t compare TV to Nazi anything. My parents lived under those folks, and until you see lamp shades made of human skin, we are not there.

JimJohnson 09-08-2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1679464)
Your opinion is not the majority opinion. Most of us have lived with deed restrictions for many years before we came here.

This isn't a penitentiary where people rat out others. This is far from being a Nazi situation. People like their property, their street, their Village and their town to be nicely kept. Thank goodness we can report infringements and they will be stopped.

Agree 100%. Rat and snitch are terms more commonly used by criminals. Taking revenge on rats or snitches is how the mafia kept regular citizens quiet. Either change the rules or follow them, but for sure, don’t blame others for your shortcomings.

roob1 09-08-2019 05:22 AM

A common psychological defense mechanism....projection of blame or blame-shifting, may be one scenario that operates.

So, it is the "snitch's" fault (they are thus to blame), when I get caught violating the rules. This belief allows me to avoid taking responsibility for my own actions.

It also allows the violator to shift the focus from their action (i.e.cross in yard) to the nasty person who has no life and turns violators in.:)

ColdNoMore 09-08-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1679483)
Agree 100%. Rat and snitch are terms more commonly used by criminals. Taking revenge on rats or snitches is how the mafia kept regular citizens quiet. Either change the rules or follow them, but for sure, don’t blame others for your shortcomings.

Yep.

Those advocating that something bad or unfortunate happen to anyone (as long as they're on public property) who are within their rights, mirrors a certain scumbag segment of society at whole today...who seem to prefer a mafia/dictatorship like form of governance. :oops:

That's simply Un-American...and traitorous. :ohdear:

coffeebean 09-08-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1679448)
I don’t mind the restrictions but I don’t like the snitching.

I do not like the little white crosses.....at all! Having said that, I have never turned in any homeowner who has a white cross proudly displayed on their property. I just hope someone else does the complaining and turning in. :)