Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Home, Auto and Golf Cart Insurance BEWARE (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/home-auto-golf-cart-insurance-beware-297973/)

capecodbob 09-09-2019 08:54 AM

Home, Auto and Golf Cart Insurance BEWARE

Be aware that you will ONLY be notified by mail when your policy/policies need to be renewed.
We were without home insurance for 1 week and the very 1st notice we got was a "lapse in coverage" letter. Fortunately that letter DID arrive in the mail. We never got a bill, or a policy renewal in our mail box.
There is a serious problem with mail delivery in The Villages. We constantly get other people's mail and packages.
Called several insurance agencies and their policy is to notify you by mail. They DON'T follow up with a phone call or email if they don't hear from you. They just let your policy expire.

villagetinker 09-09-2019 09:03 AM

Try using AAA, as I recall the local agent will get in touch with you if there is a problem, same goes for The Villages Insurance, I have used both since moving to TV, currently using AAA. I am sure there are many other local agents that will provide notification service to prevent service lapse. I have reminders set on my computer for various items like these also as a backup.

Also, contact the Lady Lake postmaster regarding your problems with the mail.

justjim 09-09-2019 09:19 AM

Our homeowners insurance is with The Villages insurance group and they failed to notify us when our renewal notice also was lost by the
“ Pony express”. I was disappointed with my Agent and told them so. In fifty years, I never had this happen and I was disappointed in myself. I now have a backup plan

gatorbill1 09-09-2019 09:22 AM

My notifications all come by snail mail AND e Mail

BobnBev 09-09-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1679905)

Same here

vintageogauge 09-09-2019 12:50 PM

I use a calendar.

Villageswimmer 09-09-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1679905)

Me too. I’d never trust mail alone.

JGVillages 09-09-2019 04:20 PM

Somethings are just too important to ASSUME you will receive a notice. If it could cost big $$$$ to have something lapse. Take personal responsibility and have backup such as a calendar. Also a good idea for anniversaries if you plan to continue conversing with your spouse.

EdFNJ 09-09-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1679903)
Our homeowners insurance is with The Villages insurance group and they failed to notify us when our renewal notice also was lost by the
“ Pony express”. I was disappointed with my Agent and told them so. In fifty years, I never had this happen and I was disappointed in myself. I now have a backup plan

I use Villages Insurance for all my insurance and I am notified by THE INSURANCE COMPANIES not Villages Insurance which is how it has always been for me since I first owned a home in 1971 up north. Not sure why Villages Insurance and not the insurance company itself is not responsible. I have Travelers for homeowners and Southern Owners Insurance for auto & LSV and get notifications starting 2 months before due date. Both companies have an online presence so I create an account online for even more notifications to the point of it becoming so annoying I end up paying too early.

retiredguy123 09-09-2019 07:04 PM

Every company I deal with offers electronic billing. I don't rely on regular mail for anything anymore. I think the only paper bills I get are from medical offices.