Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Swedish Proverb (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/swedish-proverb-298379/)

NotGolfer 09-20-2019 06:20 PM

Swedish Proverb

saw this on Facebook today--a Swedish proverb! "Fear less, hope more: eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." How true-----could be words to live by.

Martian 09-20-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1682849)
saw this on Facebook today--a Swedish proverb! "Fear less, hope more: eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." How true-----could be words to live by.

I don't know if all good things will be yours, I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.

Tom C 09-21-2019 05:14 AM

“If I had more time I would have written you a shorter letter” - this quote has been attributed to Mark Twain. :icon_wink:

Essentially meaning it takes less time to put together a poorly written, long letter than to do a thorough job by organizing ones thoughts and editing down a well written, succinct letter.

I like this quote.

Bill32 09-21-2019 08:15 AM

Do unto others.........................

Polar Bear 09-21-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martian (Post 1682851)
...I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.

Hmmm. :)

Taltarzac725 09-21-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1682849)

I really needed that quote. Thanks. :coolsmiley:

NotGolfer 09-21-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martian (Post 1682851)
I don't know if all good things will be yours, I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.

I don't buy into "Karma" neither....BUT I do believe in The Golden Rule and good sense!!

Martian 09-21-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1682934)
I don't buy into "Karma" neither....BUT I do believe in The Golden Rule and good sense!!

Excuse me, I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I only meant that I don't think doing good things will bring good things to me. I do believe that doing good things makes me happier.

If you believe that you will get good things in return for doing good things, that is great and I wish you well.

NotGolfer 09-21-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martian (Post 1682935)
Excuse me, I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I only meant that I don't think doing good things will bring good things to me. I do believe that doing good things makes me happier.

If you believe that you will get good things in return for doing good things, that is great and I wish you well.

You have no idea what I meant....it was a bunch of words that struck me. So many people complain, tend to criticize or are negative about LIFE around them. You didn't strike a nerve but apparently I did with you! What I believe is the Golden Rule (I was raised with it)!! That all said Joy and Happiness is an attitude that one can either embrace...or not.