Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   sleep study (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/sleep-study-298475/)

Jaggy 09-24-2019 10:24 AM

sleep study

Is anyone familiar with or been treated by this Pulmonary group of Doctors in their Villages Office? I am having a nightmare with them regarding CPAP referral.

graciegirl 09-24-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggy (Post 1683678)
Is anyone familiar with or been treated by this Pulmonary group of Doctors in their Villages Office? I am having a nightmare with them regarding CPAP referral.

I wonder if there is a group of practicing pulmonologists here in The Villages.

My lung needed to be reinflated on Christmas day two years ago and I don't know where they got the guy to do it. I tried to see him for a follow up and he had no office.

blueash 09-24-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

It might be helpful when asking about a doctor or group to actually name the doctor or group if you want feedback. Just a suggestion...

Jaggy 09-24-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 1683720)
It might be helpful when asking about a doctor or group to actually name the doctor or group if you want feedback. Just a suggestion...

Sorry- DUH... ocala Lung and Critical Care..

Nucky 09-24-2019 09:00 PM

Give Dr. Diaz in Leesburg a shot. 352-315-1627 It's a team of great Doctors and the staff is wonderful. Good Luck.

kstew43 09-25-2019 08:25 AM

Dr Albino..... I just had a sleep study with him.....in his office. Located next to the Hospital. Golf cart accessible.

Address: 1400 US-441 #942, The Villages, FL 32159
Phone: (352) 751-4955

Rollie 09-26-2019 04:51 AM

Another vote for Dr Albino, but I don't think he takes Villages Advantage Plan.

Rollie

BK001 09-26-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

I had a bronchoscopy done by a doctor with this group. It failed in that the doctor did not get a large enough tissue sample for a proper diagnosis. Shortly afterwards I had a second one done by a different doctor with the same group but out of their Ocala office (my surgeon insisted he was the best) ok -- well the 2nd one was successful.

John_W 09-26-2019 08:24 AM

Before going with a CPAP machine, you might look into this product. It's an implant that you control with a remote and it regulates your breathing and eliminates the need for a CPAP. I have no real knowledge, I only hear their commercials on the radio.

Inspire Sleep Apnea Innovation - Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment

dadspet 09-28-2019 01:44 PM

WOW can't believe I never heard of this or it was even mentioned by my CPAP doctors. Looks like there are no Drs in the Villages that does the procedure that I can find so far? Do you have one and are you satisfied ( I would guess so or you wouldn't have mentioned it) if you have one was it done here?
A CPAP machine is clearly? (Can't find the right words to describe it - PITA, annoying come close).
Thanks for the post, I'm looking into it further. I need something to balance the pacemaker on my left side! :icon_wink: Getting older opens up a lot of technology I didn't have a chance to use/try when I was younger!

John_W 09-28-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadspet (Post 1684667)
WOW can't believe I never heard of this or it was even mentioned by my CPAP doctors. Looks like there are no Drs in the Villages that does the procedure that I can find so far?...

I listen to an Orlando radio station often and they have commercials for Inspire everyday. Probably you could find doctors in the Orlando area that can help.