Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Trailer Park being built next to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/trailer-park-being-built-next-villages-298490/)

Wing-nut2 09-24-2019 06:24 PM

Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

So, what so you think about this?

Two brothers of a longtime prominent Villages official are hoping to bring a large-scale RV park to the outskirts of Fruitland Park – just outside the walls of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – and the city commission isn’t happy about it.

Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466.
The park, which would include 631 RV spaces – many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models – would be located on a portion of the land where Burke’s Tree Farm now sits. It would be directly behind the backyards of homes in The Villages located along the Sumter County line.

mamamia54 09-24-2019 06:27 PM

It doesn’t open for me.

kstew43 09-24-2019 06:33 PM

checked on the web Sunkissed RV resort..Summerfield directly behind the RV Swap shop on 27
...looks great

manaboutown 09-24-2019 06:34 PM

Are you implying “There goes the neighborhood.”?

kstew43 09-24-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1683786)
Are you implying “There goes the neighborhood.”?

not me.....I think its going to be amazing for RVers

Marathon Man 09-24-2019 06:36 PM

manaboutown 09-24-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1683787)
not me.....I think its going to be amazing for RVers

So it is an upscale RV park. That is a horse of a different color!

bagboy 09-24-2019 07:08 PM

This seems to be another RV resort planned for Fruitland Park. The one being discussed now is behind Burkes BBQ and not too far east of Colony Center. I'm going to guess both projects will be nice additions to the area,

Developer planning 668-acre RV park near Fruitland Park - News - Daily Commercial - Leesburg, FL

Kilmacowen 09-24-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1683797)
This seems to be another RV resort planned for Fruitland Park. The one being discussed now is behind Burkes BBQ and not too far east of Colony Center. I'm going to guess both projects will be nice additions to the area,

Developer planning 668-acre RV park near Fruitland Park - News - Daily Commercial - Leesburg, FL

This is not behind Burkes, it's up 441 near Lake Griffin. There goes the squares.

Topspinmo 09-24-2019 08:47 PM

Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free:popcorn:

anothersteve 09-24-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilmacowen (Post 1683807)
This is not behind Burkes, it's up 441 near Lake Griffin. There goes the squares.

??

Steve

tophcfa 09-24-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1683812)
Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free:popcorn:

I hope you are joking, because if that is true it would not be funny?

Serenoa 09-24-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1683812)

The article says "a developer", not THE DEVELOPER. The Morse family is not involved.

Velvet 09-24-2019 10:01 PM

Is this what you’re referring to:

“Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466. The other applicants are Carl Curly and Daniel Gibbs.” From the newspaper?

Wing-nut2 09-25-2019 06:33 AM

The one I'm talking about is taking over Burkes Tree Farm beside Publix at Colony Plaza.

Two brothers of a longtime prominent Villages official are hoping to bring a large-scale RV park to the outskirts of Fruitland Park – just outside the walls of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – and the city commission isn’t happy about it.

Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466.
The park, which would include 631 RV spaces – many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models – would be located on a portion of the land where Burke’s Tree Farm now sits. It would be directly behind the backyards of homes in The Villages located along the Sumter County line.