Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Newspaper donations for recycling (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/newspaper-donations-recycling-298649/)

Steve CT 10-01-2019 07:12 AM

Newspaper donations for recycling

Does anyone know of a church south of 44 that recycles newspapers? I have just starting getting the paper and find they stack up quickly when I'm done.

LuvtheVillages 10-01-2019 08:28 AM

Put the papers out with your recycling and it will get picked up.

There is no profit in recycling newspapers, so charities don't do that anymore.

Steve CT 10-01-2019 08:35 AM

Ok. Thanks

Bogie Shooter 10-01-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve CT (Post 1685295)
Does anyone know of a church south of 44 that recycles newspapers? I have just starting getting the paper and find they stack up quickly when I'm done.

A lot of other good information available on this site besides recycling.
Sanitation Information

twoplanekid 10-01-2019 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages (Post 1685340)

The trash collection service in The Villages south of 44 does not do recycling collection.

We place our old newspapers in a newspaper collection dumpster associated with the Wildwood United Methodist Church.

CWGUY 10-01-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages (Post 1685340)

:confused: Did St. Timothy's stop taking newspaper for recycling? They have always had newspaper collection dumpsters in their parking lot.

ST. TIMOTHY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1351 Paige Place, Lady Lake, FL 32159
(352) 753-0989

Wiserbud47 10-05-2019 01:24 AM

It is not south of 44, but if you are willing to go up to CR466, the New Covenant United Methodist Church off CR 101, right behind Publix, has a large dumpster for newspapers in the back of the church.

Challenger 10-05-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve CT (Post 1685295)

:popcorn:

Do some reading on the recycling " problem today"(Google it)

Your efforts while so well intentioned most likely are "wasted" . It is apparent that most paper and plastic recycling programs have crashed economically and the materials end up in your landfill. Our well intentioned efforts may even be adding to the cost and be more harmful than doing nothing . Efforts to eliminate the problem at the front end would be the better use of our sincere desire to be part of a solution.