Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   Single premium variable whole life ins (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/single-premium-variable-whole-life-ins-298792/)

Bleudeturquoise 10-05-2019 05:09 PM

Single premium variable whole life ins

Needing advice regarding this type of policy from someone who is not a sales rep

villagetinker 10-05-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise (Post 1686493)
Needing advice regarding this type of policy from someone who is not a sales rep

Do you have a financial advisor you trust, ask them. IMHO, there are too many variables for others to answer without all of the details of the policy, as well as a lot of personal financial info.
Hope this helps.

rjm1cc 10-05-2019 07:19 PM

You need to know the reason for the purchase.
This is not an investment so if that is the reason you are buying skip insurance.

Altavia 10-05-2019 08:09 PM

A Look at Single-Premium Life Insurance

retiredguy123 10-05-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise (Post 1686493)

In my opinion, it is a great investment for whoever is selling it to you. They will receive a huge commission and you will make them very happy. That is why they are selling it to you. But, for you, it is a terrible investment and you should not buy it.

twopjt 10-06-2019 08:00 AM

Can be an outstanding financial tool in a number of situations, but is not a one size fits all. I own the product.

First, find the right company. You're literally connected with them for life. Look at 3rd party ratings and track records. Not TV adds. My pick is Northwestern Mutual.

Next find the right rep. Look for credentials like: CLU, ChFC, CFP, MSFS - these are the real deal, you can ignore the other cotton candy kind.
Look for the person who takes a lot of time understanding your situation, your objectives, your values. If they start talking about the product at the beginning of
the process, before they really know you, run.
Look for the person you like enough to actually follow their advice.

This answer from a highly credentialed, fortunately very successful 40 year veteran of the Financial Services Industry.

Bleudeturquoise 10-09-2019 12:48 PM

Please PM - have more questions

dewilson58 10-09-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1686532)
In my opinion, it is a great investment for whoever is selling it to you. They will receive a huge commission and you will make them very happy. That is why they are selling it to you. But, for you, it is a terrible investment and you should not buy it.

Agree 100%.

CSHeikkinen 10-10-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1686532)

Agreed, whole life is the worst 'investment', because its not an investment...its an insurance product marketed as an investment