Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Golf point system?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-point-system-298794/)

paulat585 10-05-2019 06:07 PM

Golf point system??

Where can I find an explanation of this online & how can I find out how many points I have? I know this is probably explained somewhere, but couldn't find it. Thanks

CWGUY 10-05-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulat585 (Post 1686503)
Where can I find an explanation of this online & how can I find out how many points I have? I know this is probably explained somewhere, but couldn't find it. Thanks

It's explained at the Good Golf School. Here's a link:

Good Golf School :ho:

dewilson58 10-05-2019 06:13 PM

https://golfthevillages.com/golf-in-...heVillages.pdf

peachpit 10-05-2019 06:14 PM

Go to the good golf school at Colony Regional Rec Center.

Jayhawk 10-05-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulat585 (Post 1686503)

Good Golf School

https://golfthevillages.com/golf-in-...heVillages.pdf

tophcfa 10-05-2019 08:35 PM

Don't wast too much time trying to figure out the point system. The point system is pretty much meaningless for t-time allocation. It all boiles down to priority membership. If everyone in your t-time request is priority, you are good to go. If not, good luck once we get into the heart of busy season with short days and limited afternoon t-times. It is basically a pay to play system during busy season. I edited the post to clarify that I am referring to Championship golf. The points do matter for Executive golf.

anothersteve 10-05-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1686521)
Don't wast too much time trying to figure out the point system. The point system is pretty much meaningless for t-time allocation. It all boiles down to priority membership. If everyone in your t-time request is priority, you are good to go. If not, good luck once we get into the heart of busy season with short days and limited afternoon t-times. It is basically a pay to play system during busy season.

Even priorities that play too much can be knocked down with the point system.

Steve

dnobles 10-05-2019 08:54 PM

Executive. If you book a tee time and don’t show or cancel the last minute. 3points. If .you book and cancel before the day 2 points. Usually 1point for playing sometimes it might be a little less like .8. Everyone should go to the good golf school even if you’ve golf before coming here .

paulat585 10-06-2019 03:46 PM

Thanks, everyone!

tophcfa 10-06-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1686528)
Even priorities that play too much can be knocked down with the point system.

Steve

Yes, they can get knocked down relative to other priority members, but not below other residents that aren't priority. Even worse, the priority members guests get preference over other residents. Not right! It's a pay to get the right to play during busy season. Oh well, at least there are lots of nice and fairly priced courses outside the bubble.

anothersteve 10-06-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1686733)
Yes, they can get knocked down relative to other priority members, but not below other residents that aren't priority. Even worse, the priority members guests get preference over other residents. Not right! It's a pay to get the right to play during busy season. Oh well, at least there are lots of nice and fairly priced courses outside the bubble.

It's a fair system. I have never had a problem.
Steve

tophcfa 10-06-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1686734)
It's a fair system. I have never had a problem.
Steve

No one who is year round and priority does, I wouldn't either if that was our situation. But the system is rigged against part time resident who have obligations that don't allow them to reap the benifits of the pay to get a t-time system.

anothersteve 10-06-2019 10:08 PM

I'm year round and not a priority member. I don't know what to tell you.
Steve

Marathon Man 10-07-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1686749)
I'm year round and not a priority member. I don't know what to tell you.
Steve

Yep. None of our group have Priority Membership. It is a rare event that we don't get a tee time. We usually have three and occasionally four times.

The system is fair. It is a good system that we are fortunate to have. First come first play would be a disaster.

coach 10-07-2019 12:15 PM

If it’s a championship course understand the wave tee times. I’ve had neighbors say they can’t get on the courses and when questioned as to what might be the problem, they had requested a play time at 10:00 am , earliest time 9:00 and latest time 11:00. In this example the only available tee times on most championship courses would be from 9:00 to 9:28. No wonder they couldn’t get a time.