Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Please, folks, stay home with your germs! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/please-folks-stay-home-your-germs-298809/)

Villageswimmer 10-06-2019 04:58 PM

Please, folks, stay home with your germs!

On Thursday, I arrived early at the Foreign Travel Club to get a seat where I could see the presentation well.

Before the beginning of the program, a person sat down beside me and proceeded to cough, sneeze and blow his nose. It was disgusting. I got up and took a seat in the back of the room to escape his germs. Maybe I should have said something to him, but he looked like the type who might become very angry.

How old do people need to be to have consideration for others and stay home until they’re well? It was close quarters. No telling how many people he infected.

Please keep your germs at home.

BobnBev 10-06-2019 04:59 PM

Very well said.:bigbow:

Chatbrat 10-06-2019 05:29 PM

When I was in business, I sent home employees who were sick-- I said " that's what your sick days are for"--yes my employees had sick days, profit sharing, and health benefits

Cobh521 10-06-2019 05:34 PM

maybe he had very bad allergies and was not sick

billlaur 10-06-2019 06:02 PM

the snowflakes are back

Buckeyephan 10-06-2019 06:22 PM

This morning in church, the young woman sitting behind us sneezed, coughed and blew her nose throughout mass. Even if she suffers from allergies, it is certainly would have been more sanitary if she had stayed home.

billlaur 10-06-2019 06:45 PM

they are definitely back:pray:

Velvet 10-06-2019 07:29 PM

I have a mask, charcoal filter etc light grey very inconspicuous. Can wear if someone else has a cold or if I have a cold. It also filters out odors. If I really don’t want people to notice I drape a very light scarf around my neck and hide it. On planes or anywhere. I figure it’s easier to change myself than everyone else.

One time I got on a plane with a cold and put a doctor’s type mask on before the plane took off. We were waiting and waiting and the plane was a good hour late when the crew finally approached me because I looked ‘suspicious.’

claytocl 10-06-2019 07:35 PM

You should have said “God bless you” as any good Christian would.

Martian 10-06-2019 07:38 PM

Each to their own. I don't think being considerate is related to age - maybe an inverse relationship..

Personally, I don't mind people sneezing and coughing around me. I look at it as vitamin supplements for my immune system.

If I am sick, I try to stay out of the public places, since I know a lot of people (most?) tend to not like to have bugs shared with them. But, I don't mind being on the receiving end.

claytocl 10-06-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 1686686)
This morning in church, the young woman sitting behind us sneezed, coughed and blew her nose throughout mass. Even if she suffers from allergies, it is certainly would have been more sanitary if she had stayed home.

Why didn’t you just say “God bless you?”

Martian 10-06-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytocl (Post 1686702)
You should have said “God bless you” as any good Christian would.

Interesting, explanations about the origins of “God bless you,” or in short, “Bless you.” date back to the first century, and are deeply rooted in SUPERSTITION.

Back then, a sneeze was sometimes thought to be the body's way of trying to rid itself of evil spirits. So, in that case, saying “God bless you” was a way to try to provide a protection, or a good luck charm, against the evil spirits leaving or inhabiting the body.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-06-2019 07:45 PM

Maybe they were allergic to someone's aftershave or perfume, who was sitting too close to them. Or maybe they have the plague. Could go either way I suppose.

600th Photo Sq 10-06-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 1686686)

Was it the 1st or 2nd collection, or perhaps the " Bishops Fund " collection.

Curious :shocked:

Martian 10-06-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1686720)
Was it the 1st or 2nd collection, or perhaps the " Bishops Fund " collection.

Curious :shocked:

Hmm, are you suggesting the woman may have been allergic to the Bishops Fund! :) :pray: