Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Best Veterinary Services near the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/best-veterinary-services-near-villages-298816/)

Minoletti 10-07-2019 05:39 AM

Best Veterinary Services near the Villages

Hi, coming down in a short time, can anyone provide info on the best veterinary places near the villages. Just planning ahead for our boys.

thanks!!
RON

alanmcdonald 10-07-2019 05:41 AM

Buffalo Ridge is good, but expensive.

JSR22 10-07-2019 06:18 AM

I highly recommend Buffalo Ridge.

GeoGeo 10-07-2019 06:22 AM

Buffalo Ridge is good. Just be aware that if your dog is sick you may not get in the same day without paying an extra fee.

redwitch 10-07-2019 08:50 AM

Dr. Valdez at Park Heights Veterinary in Fruitland Park on 441/27 is the best I’ve found. Highly recommended by my bridge partner, a retired vet who subbed for most of the vets around here.

Blanking out on the name, but another good vet is in the strip mall where Ace’s Hardware is in Wildwood. Also recommended by my bridge partner. I’m sure someone will come up with the name for you.

There is also an excellent vet who will come to your house. I don’t know her name but do know that the folks who use her rave about her services.

If you have an emergency, try to make it to UCF emergency clinic in Ocala. Truly doesn’t get any better than that.

Vets to not use: Paws near Laurel Manor, The Villages Veterinarian on 441 near the TV post office (owned by Dr. Valdez, but ....).

Opmoochler 10-07-2019 08:58 AM

veteranian

Tim Porter, DVM
352-748-6348

Excellent, no-frills, old-fashioned country vet. He's the one in Wildwood you're thinking of.

jebartle 10-07-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoletti (Post 1686764)
Hi, coming down in a short time, can anyone provide info on the best veterinary places near the villages. Just planning ahead for our boys.

thanks!!
RON

Not golf cart accessible but with that comes expensive pet care in the Villages.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND dr.Huff, Animal Clinic of Leesburg 352-326-8940.

Went to Lady Lake Animal Clinic for dental care for our dog and was quoted $850, went to Dr, Huff, $250, kind staff and Dr..

Biker Dog 10-08-2019 02:36 AM

We used Buffalo Ridge when we first moved down but were not happy with their service. We switched to Paws in Laurel Manor and are very satisfied with the care our little guy get there.

collie1228 10-08-2019 08:06 AM

Paws in Laurel Manor seems a bit expensive, but the care provided to our 12 year old beagle has been exceptional. They diagnosed his oral melanoma earlier this year and got him into a clinical trial at UF Gainesville, where he continues to get world class treatment. I highly recommend Paws Animal Hospital.

Northwoods 10-08-2019 08:56 PM

We started at Buffalo Ridge and I have nothing bad to say about them. But when our dog had issues we switched from Buffalo Ridge to Dr. Porter in Wildwood. He knows his stuff. Very smart. Thoughtful. So although his office is old and run down, we continue to go to Dr. Porter.

skyking 10-08-2019 09:27 PM

Buffalo Ridge will drain your wallet. There is a saying in healthcare, "You eat what you kill.". Buffalo Ridge vets have learned that as well.

JGVillages 10-09-2019 07:41 AM

Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital. Three female vetinarians with great care and experience. Also UF Small Animal Hospital has a satellite emergency clinic in Ocala. It is open 5:30 pm to 7:30 am Monday- Thursday and Weekends 24 hours from Friday 5:30 pm to Monday 7:30am. Our cat was vomiting and stopped eating for 2 days. This was Friday of Labor Day Weekend. Took him to Ocala at 9pm and they put a feeding nose tube in. He was transferred to UF in Gainesville. Diagnosed with severe upper intestinal infection. With 3 months of medication and us feeding him through a surgically inserted feeding tube he is now 2 years later the picture of health. Great care from Mulberry Grove and both the Satellite UF in Ocala and Gainsville UF.

Bonnevie 10-09-2019 08:45 AM

I have nothing good to say about Buffalo Ridge, but only praise for Dr. Porter. 352-748-6348. doesn't recommend anything that is not needed.

PrudentLifer 10-09-2019 08:53 AM

Suffice it to say, many businesses take advantage of Villagers. We take ours to Dr. Porter in Wildwood.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell