Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Best Pizza (with oregano} (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/best-pizza-oregano-298825/)

gatorbill1 10-07-2019 09:51 AM

Best Pizza (with oregano}

Best two pizza places in and around TV is Belleview Pizza and Mallory Hill. Both will add oregano to pizza while cooking. Some others refuse to add oregano, just hand you a shaker.

JSR22 10-07-2019 09:53 AM

The best pizza I have had is Piesanos. Thin crispy crust and excellent toppings. Publix plaza on 44 by Rohan Rex Center.

gatorbill1 10-07-2019 09:54 AM

I prefer a little thicker crust, depends on what you grew up with.

karostay 10-07-2019 09:56 AM

Bravo Bravo :bigbow: :bigbow:

petsetc 10-07-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1686876)
I prefer a little thicker crust, depends on what you grew up with.

I grew up in Philly, thin crust, thick cheese oozing with oil. Unfortunately, I have yet to find it anywhere else.

dewilson58 10-07-2019 01:53 PM

Calling all New Yorkers.................Here is your thread.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

John_W 10-07-2019 03:28 PM

Thin pizza but not cardboard tasting, it's Sammy Joe's at Mulberry Plaza. Discovered that place about five years ago, unfortunately it's a good 35 minute drive from my home. It's doesn't have any atmosphere or style, it's simply good pizza. The lady that owned Son Rise at Southern Trace owns this place and now all her energy is here.

Closer to home, I found the recently opened Piesano's at the Rohan Shopping Center was excellent pizza. It's thicker with bread like crust, in fact I had one Saturday.

Sammy Joe's Pizzeria

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/1...a1cd75~mv2.png

This is Piesano's pizza

Piesanos Stone Fired Pizza in The Villages Florida

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAhUDlZXYAAEc3a.jpg

springfield 10-07-2019 03:31 PM

Rat Rods pizza

Omg! Just by chance someone mentioned this place which is out 301 past the turnpike. My other 2 go to places were closed on Sunday. We ordered it on line and the owner himself delivered it! Thin crust fire oven baked with a special seasoning really gave it a kick. It is our new go to place. Very fresh ingredients

BK001 10-07-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfield (Post 1687017)
Omg! Just by chance someone mentioned this place which is out 301 past the turnpike. My other 2 go to places were closed on Sunday. We ordered it on line and the owner himself delivered it! Thin crust fire oven baked with a special seasoning really gave it a kick. It is our new go to place. Very fresh ingredients

The place on 301 is in Wildwood (across from Napolitanos - formerly Chefs of Napoli) is Sammy's. That is a different restaurant from Sammy Joe's which is located on 8760 SE 165th Mulberry Lane. It can be confusing.

JoMar 10-07-2019 06:17 PM

Also a fan of Bellevue Pizza....plus a lot of other great Italian dishes.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-08-2019 07:03 AM

I'm not understanding why getting oregano on pizza when you ask for it is praise-worthy. Unless it's a topping combination that specifically includes basil, oregano is a standard sprinkle on all pizzas. You shouldn't have to ask for it. It should automatically come that way.

gatorbill1 10-08-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1687127)
I'm not understanding why getting oregano on pizza when you ask for it is praise-worthy. Unless it's a topping combination that specifically includes basil, oregano is a standard sprinkle on all pizzas. You shouldn't have to ask for it. It should automatically come that way.

Flippers is one of many that will not add oregano before cooking pizza. Oregano adds flavor to any pizza when cooked on.

Two Bills 10-08-2019 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=John_W;1687015]Thin pizza but not cardboard tasting, it's Sammy Joe's at Mulberry Plaza. Discovered that place about five years ago, unfortunately it's a good 35 minute drive from my home. It's doesn't have any atmosphere or style, it's simply good pizza. The lady that owned Son Rise at Southern Trace owns this place and now all her energy is here.

Miss the Son Rise Cafe. Best lunch in TV. IMHO!

PrudentLifer 10-08-2019 11:07 AM

With or without oregano, the very least of the problem with pizza around here.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..." [emoji527]
George Orwell

EnglishJW 10-09-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1686872)
The best pizza I have had is Piesanos. Thin crispy crust and excellent toppings. Publix plaza on 44 by Rohan Rex Center.

We agree. Had "the works" but I forgot what they called it. Very good pie with lots of fresh taste, good crust (no burn), and we will return.