Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Hearing aids that work (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/hearing-aids-work-298827/)

karostay 10-07-2019 09:54 AM

Hearing aids that work

My wife needs new hearing aids she's not happy with her current ones
Neither am I :confused:
Which devices actually help with someone with a moderate loss of hearing?

Reputable establishment that cares not just a sales pitch like her last company

Arlington2 10-07-2019 10:03 AM

If you have UHC TV Advantage, check out Hi Health hearing aids offered through UHC. Excellent performance and superior value.

karostay 10-07-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlington2 (Post 1686883)
If you have UHC TV Advantage, check out Hi Health hearing aids offered through UHC. Excellent performance and superior value.

Is this from a personal experience ?

coach 10-07-2019 12:06 PM

I have the Hi Health hearing aids offered through UHC Medicare advantages plan The Villages. I have had them over one year and am very pleased. Plus the cost is excellent. I got the BTE model with wi if connection to my cell phone. Total cost was $230.00 for the pair. My prior set cost $1895.00 and were not as good.

Bogie Shooter 10-07-2019 12:22 PM

Very satisfied with these folks.
Our Hearing Center Locations

Arlington2 10-07-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1686892)

Yes, personal experience. Both myself and wife.

Nucky 10-07-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1686892)

The Villages Health. Vista T RIC. I only have them for about two weeks. So far So Great. They were $200 each. They are the type that needs the batteries replaced every week. It's simple to do.

For the answer to your specific questions it may be good to contact them directly, 352-674-1740. Good Luck.

petsetc 10-07-2019 01:48 PM

Just got new hearing aids from VA. They are top of the line and much better than the last pair.

With that said, I strongly suggest you spend a couple hours on YouTube listening to Dr. Cliff - extremely informative. Here's a link to get you started - it's on Real Ear Measurements.

The Most Important HEARING AID Video You Will EVER Watch! | What are Real Ear Measures? - YouTube

ureout 10-07-2019 07:03 PM

I've been wearing HA's for 8 yrs. I go to Express Hearing Care at 541 Fieldcrest Dr, The Villages, FL 32162

they have many different brands to try and choose from..

the person setting up and adjusting the HA's to your particular hearing loss is just as important as the HA itself

karostay 10-08-2019 06:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your time and information:thumbup:

NotGolfer 10-08-2019 08:07 AM

As an aside to the OP....The Villages Health offers seminars, open to the community and you don't have to be a patient, on many things. Recently they had one on hearing aides and Medicare coverage. You could look on their website to see when another will be offered or call and get information. They offer many brands. We went to a seminar and one thing I remember is "IF" you go to Sam's or Costco...you might get a good "deal" but you also get what you pay for. You'd need to go back to them for any adjustments or repairs.

Two Bills 10-08-2019 12:52 PM

I have severe hearing loss, and have Phonak hearing aids, and find them superb.
Self charging, ( no battery replacement) Bluetooth link to IPhone and TV.
Had several others since I started to lose my hearing, but without a doubt, for clarity, these are the best I have used.
If your wife's hearing loss is moderate, do not be pressured into top of the range aids, there are plenty of hearing enhancers that my be more suitable for her.
But. You get what you pay for. Always insist on a trial period with them, and if they refuse, WALK!
My advice would be too find a good audiologist first. JMHO.

Toymeister 10-08-2019 01:30 PM

Costco wins according to Consumer Teports. At under 2k they have features similar to the 10,000 units from Oticon that the taxpayers buy for me from a Kuwait hearing loss.

All hearing aids have a 30 day return policy, it is federal law.

The Devil in the details, how the speech compression works, if the speaker is in the ear or in the aid and the sound moved by tube to the ear. How good the filters are for background noise.

Kerry Azz 10-08-2019 02:51 PM

Stay away from Beltone

retiredguy123 01-02-2020 06:50 PM

Costco or Sams Club. Also, check out Clark Howard's recommendations on his website at clark.com. There is no reason to pay extremely high prices for hearing aids anymore.