Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Golden Retriever Breeder (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/golden-retriever-breeder-298916/)

Hank N Judy 10-10-2019 09:41 PM

Golden Retriever Breeder

Looking for an honest Golden Retriever Breeder

PrudentLifer 10-10-2019 09:42 PM

American Kennel Club

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell

valuemkt 10-11-2019 01:08 PM

Golden information

Seven years ago my daughter was doing an internship in Nashville at Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital. She grew up with a golden, and it was time for her own dog. She did a lot of research and found a golden breeder near Chattanooga, just an hour or so away. So began the journey to acquire Madeline, or Maddie. The breeder has a website Golden Retrievers Florida | Golden Puppies Ocala, Florida | Prism Golden Retrievers. Ironically, the breeder has moved to Ocala ! If you'd like to get in touch w my daughter, who is now in Chapel Hill NC, PM me ..

Hopefully my pictures came thru .. if not, PM me ur email and i'll send them direct. Good luck !

valuemkt 10-11-2019 01:12 PM

Pictures of Maddie

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 81238

Attachment 81239

Attachment 81240

Attachment 81241

Attachment 81242

Hank N Judy 10-11-2019 10:52 PM

Thank You I will let you know of my progress. I will be going slow, don't want to make a mistake.

Bitsee 10-12-2019 06:33 AM

Please check out Joshua's House for Golden Retriever Rescue in Lecanto Florida.
352-228-7573
Beautiful dogs, you won't be disappointed.

CFrance 10-12-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitsee (Post 1688056)
Please check out Joshua's House for Golden Retriever Rescue in Lecanto Florida.
352-228-7573
Beautiful dogs, you won't be disappointed.

Joshua's House is not a breeder. They rescue goldens. Right now they have a female they have rescued who is looking for a forever home. And they have a young male who is with a foster right now. He has a scar on his snout from being mistreated, but he seems to be the sweetest, happiest dog.

Joshua's House brings goldens over from Korea who were slated for an unimaginable fate. They aren't puppies.

Owner's name is Ellen.

claytocl 10-12-2019 06:23 PM

Please go to your county Humane Society and save a life.

Nucky 10-12-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1688162)
Joshua's House is not a breeder. They rescue goldens. Right now they have a female they have rescued who is looking for a forever home. And they have a young male who is with a foster right now. He has a scar on his snout from being mistreated, but he seems to be the sweetest, happiest dog.

Joshua's House brings goldens over from Korea who were slated for an unimaginable fate. They aren't puppies.

Owner's name is Ellen.

Oh Boy O Boy! That Pup would look good sitting right here next to me. Having you being aware of Joshua's House is definitely a plus. Let's see what tomorrow brings. :mademyday:

CFrance 10-13-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1688187)
Oh Boy O Boy! That Pup would look good sitting right here next to me. Having you being aware of Joshua's House is definitely a plus. Let's see what tomorrow brings. :mademyday:

Available Dogs — Joshua's House

I don't see the young male with the scar on the adopt page. I wonder if the foster has adopted him.

Also, we have fostered for Golden Retriever Rescue of Mid Florida. GRRMF Available Golden Retrievers

CFrance 10-13-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 1688117)
I don't understand. How do you tell if a golden retriever is honest or dishonest? Lies about the wet spot on the carpet? Blames the humans for the flatulent odor in the room? Would anyone intentionally breed dishonest dogs?

Dishonest breeders are into it for the money and do not do the health checks for hips, heart, and eyes. They also break any number of rules for genetics. There are too many goldens who've been inbred. They may be cute, but they end up with health problems.

This may be a very unpopular sentiment with the rescue people, but I am not against buying a puppy from a breeder if they are ethical and reputable. I would like to see the lines of the different breeds to go on. If all we did was rescue, the different breeds would vanish. I'm into doing both. We have had two goldens from breeders, three rescues and three senior fosters down through the years, plus five of our seven cats.

We're down to one of our two goldens, who is about to turn 12. When he's gone, because of our age it will make more sense to rescue a senior something than to acquire a puppy.