Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf Cart Enclosures (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-enclosures-299011/)

vinricci 10-13-2019 07:39 PM

Golf Cart Enclosures

I’m debating purchasing doors for my 2014 Yamaha. I’d like input pros and cons from owners of different enclosures. Ex: Streamline, vs, Curtis Cab vs MEE. Thanks.

karostay 10-14-2019 06:24 AM

Don't know about the other makes..Love my Curtis

Bay Kid 10-14-2019 06:55 AM

Dad likes the Curtis cab. I prefer open cruising.

PWPOTE2000 10-14-2019 08:34 AM

On my third cart with the Curtis Cab. Would not have a cart without one.

billethkid 10-14-2019 09:13 AM

We decided against enclosures other than the ones that come with the cart (roll up).

Just couldn't get past dragging the enclosures around 10 months of the year with no use......(OK so when it rains once in a while).....still not in use most of the year.

IndianaJones 10-14-2019 09:26 AM

I have a streamline - love it. Especially like the ability to close the small lower half of the door to keep things from falling out of the cart, then being able to close the top half of the door during a sudden downpour but leaving the bottom part open to get good airflow. It works well, and we've had zero complaints with it!

cndlou3 10-14-2019 10:06 AM

What is a streamline enclosure? I have not heard of it. We were interested in the sleekline cab, the Villages Golf Cart won't put it on an older cart but sleekline said they would and I think they are located in Gainesville.

Navy (SSBN 633) 10-14-2019 12:33 PM

2 carts....2 curtis cabs for us...only way to go

leftyf 10-14-2019 12:46 PM

Curtis Cab for us too. Only way to go, even if its raining we can still drive the cart.

We are really thinking about the Atomic for the next cart.

bilcon 10-14-2019 01:55 PM

If you want to spent $3500 on a 4 year old cart, why not. I don't like them. First of all, I don't use my carts much except for the golf course, and the few times I had to put the sides down were no big deal. I guess if you drive your cart like a car, you might need them. I recently checked the prices and found that all the brands are about the same price according to TV Golf Carts. ($3500)

Fredster 10-14-2019 05:09 PM

A year ago I was considering having a hard enclosure installed on my 2015 Yamaha.
But cost and availability of someone to do it put a damper on the idea.
Now having spent my first summer here I’m glad I didn’t.
In the summer I want all the air movement I can get.
OP if you really want a hard enclosure,
you might be better off looking for a used enclosed cart that is a couple years old.
They do come up for sale frequently!

coffeebean 11-08-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWPOTE2000 (Post 1688438)
On my third cart with the Curtis Cab. Would not have a cart without one.

I've been in a cart with doors (not sure it is Curtis Cab though) and I find those doors rattle. Maybe that is rare but I certainly don't like to hear rattles.

JoMar 11-08-2019 11:57 AM

I also prefer free flowing air, find the hard enclosures both hot and confining. I have a friend that has both, he only uses the one with hard enclosure when rain is forecast. In the winter we roll down the rear sides and the clear back window and leave it down all winter. It just doesn't get cold enough here to warrant a full enclosure in our opinion.

karostay 11-08-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1693860)
I've been in a cart with doors (not sure it is Curtis Cab though) and I find those doors rattle. Maybe that is rare but I certainly don't like to hear rattles.

Mine don't rattle...my other cart with Sunbrella enclosure I can't stand the it flapping in the wind

spk7951 11-08-2019 01:27 PM

Bought a Yamaha in 2010 with Curtis Cab enclosure and for the most part was happy with it. Had to have the drivers door adjusted because it was not closing tight. When it happened the 2nd time I was told they could not adjust it any further and my best option was to replace the door. There was a good 2" opening behind the driver.
Opted to leave it alone and early this year traded that cart for a Yamaha with Sleekline enclosure. Very much prefer the Sleekline.