Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Kentucky....the new Syria (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/kentucky-new-syria-299070/)

anothersteve 10-15-2019 10:40 AM

Kentucky....the new Syria

:ohdear::ohdear:

Oopsies!

ABC mistakenly aired video from Kentucky as Kurds in Syria

Steve

billethkid 10-15-2019 11:36 AM

They took an ooops and were still happy because they were first!! (a prime measure of news reporting for them....true or not).

Just another account of network news' continuously deteriorating credibility.

karostay 10-15-2019 12:36 PM

I think National Enquirer is more credible

anothersteve 10-15-2019 01:25 PM

And it was actually this:

We’d like to thank ABC news for the free... - Knob Creek Gun Range | Facebook

Steve

Chi-Town 10-15-2019 01:26 PM

Hatfields and McCoys 2017

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nucky 10-15-2019 01:54 PM

Wow ///.

jebartle 10-15-2019 02:16 PM

:popcorn::popcorn: Hmmmm! How about some popcorn in case this thread bombs!

anothersteve 10-15-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1688885)
:popcorn::popcorn: Hmmmm! How about some popcorn in case this thread bombs!

In case? Now that's funny.
Steve

billethkid 10-15-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1688879)
That I understand.....if thou wishes to put your head in the sand to satisfy your cult, so be it.

I fought for this country in a number of lands.....I know exactly what war is all about and now watching people who trusted my country being slaughtered because despite giving up their lives, they did not pay money.....as we move to Saudi Arabia who our government is paying.....which makes my country that I fought for a mercenary country.

If that makes you proud, so be it.....makes me ashamed

After that....I pass!
Try and have a good day!

jebartle 10-15-2019 03:30 PM

Bucco, so so true!

blueash 10-16-2019 08:53 AM

Yes a mainstream news organization used a film clip sent to it by a person claiming that it was recorded from the Turkish slaughter of the Kurds, that invasion by the Turks having been accurately foreseen.

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria."

As the Turks have long regarded the Kurds as a terrorist people and their fighters, who fought for United States which the Turks did not, as enemies.. it should surprise no one that Turkey is now destroying the Kurdish region in Syria as it has long wished to do.
So the take home message some might glean is that explosions and destruction are happening in Kurdistan thanks to our allies the Turks. I dare say one could find mistakes on every news media.
At least this one wasn't a deliberate attempt to mislead the public about the events rather a poorly vetted use of externally supplied material that fit the true picture, not provided a false narrative.

Taltarzac725 10-16-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1688804)

Big deal. Mistakes often happen in war time correspondence.

TexaninVA 10-16-2019 10:47 AM

Have wonder about the competence of whoever the editor in charge is ....

TexaninVA 10-16-2019 10:49 AM

Steve[/QUOTE]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1689005)
Big deal. Mistakes often happen in war time correspondence.

Yes, I too remember that famous headline "Nazis Attack Pearl Harbor" although it was later corrected

Dmbluk 10-16-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 1689004)
Yes a mainstream news organization used a film clip sent to it by a person claiming that it was recorded from the Turkish slaughter of the Kurds, that invasion by the Turks having been accurately foreseen.

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria."

As the Turks have long regarded the Kurds as a terrorist people and their fighters, who fought for United States which the Turks did not, as enemies.. it should surprise no one that Turkey is now destroying the Kurdish region in Syria as it has long wished to do.
So the take home message some might glean is that explosions and destruction are happening in Kurdistan thanks to our allies the Turks. I dare say one could find mistakes on every news media.
At least this one wasn't a deliberate attempt to mislead the public about the events rather a poorly vetted use of externally supplied material that fit the true picture, not provided a false narrative.

Was it or wasn't it deliberate? Doesn't it make you wonder just a little?