Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Basketball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/basketball-331/)
-   -   Nba (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/basketball-331/nba-299094/)

tophcfa 10-16-2019 10:26 AM

Nba
 
Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.

New Englander 10-16-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1689030)
Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.

I am.

rjn5656 10-16-2019 01:18 PM

I haven't watched a NBA game in years, and no plan for the future.

valuemkt 10-16-2019 01:43 PM

Nope .. don;t care .. stopped watching NBA years ago .. Probably around the time Dennis Rodman was around .. Couldnt name more than a few players .. More thugs per team as a percentage than any other professional sport

billethkid 10-16-2019 03:30 PM

Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.

Nucky 10-16-2019 03:43 PM

Professional Sports People are for our ENTERTAINMENT. NOTHING MORE. Who cares what they think. In this case, SHUT UP and Dribble! Nice Thread tophcha, Ten Likes Easy! Maybe More!

karostay 10-16-2019 04:12 PM

I'm tired of all sports except golf hunting and fishing
Way PGA is going golf will soon join the list

davefin 10-16-2019 05:15 PM

I would NOT watch an NBA game even if it was held in street in front of my house! PERIOD!

NotFromAroundHere 10-17-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1689030)
Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.

Doesn't bother me any more than it would bother me if a cashier a Publix tweeted their opinion. Wouldn't change my shopping habits at all.

Northwoods 10-17-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1689091)
Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Hollywood actors/actresses? I don't understand why their political opinions have any value.

tophcfa 10-17-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere (Post 1689179)
Doesn't bother me any more than it would bother me if a cashier a Publix tweeted their opinion. Wouldn't change my shopping habits at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1689317)
Couldn't you say the same thing about Hollywood actors/actresses? I don't understand why their political opinions have any value.

You both obviously don't get it about their hypocrisy. It is not their opinion that upsets people. In this wonderful country we live in everyone has a right to their opinion. The issue here is that they have one opinion when it get's them lots of likes on their tweets, but doesn't cost them any money. Then their opinion takes a 180 degree turn when the same or very similar opinion suddenly could effect their already ridiculously outrageous income stream. It has nothing to do with their opinions, it is about the hypocrisy.

On another note, at least the NBA commissioner seemed to finally grow a set of stones today when he refused China's demand that the NBA employee that tweeted "Free Hong Kong, support Democracy" be fired. He told China, not a chance, we won't even discipline him for exercising his right of free speech. His response is going to cost the NBA billions of dollars, but at least the league finally stood up for what is right versus seeking to maximize their revenue potential while be extorted.

collie1228 10-18-2019 08:23 AM

Comrade LeBron never went to college and has absolutely no credibility on China, except for the fact that his brand makes millions there, and wants to make millions more. People need to start giving pampered, rich athletes a lot less attention, along with the know-nothing Hollywood crowd, and pay a lot more attention to China, who is heck-bent on taking over the world at the expense of human rights.

NotFromAroundHere 10-18-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1689341)
You both obviously don't get it about their hypocrisy.

You're right, I don't get it. Don't have the Twitter. Don't want it. Don't worry myself about other people's opinions, or why I think they changed them.

If I decided that all hypocrites were unworthy of my support, I wouldn't be able to vote.

ColdNoMore 10-18-2019 03:21 PM

I always find it interesting when someone whines about a celebrity/sports figure/Etc. voicing their opinion, as if the minute they become more identifiable than the complainer...they should somehow not be allowed the same rights that you (a commoner) have.

And I'm sure it is just pure coincidence, that the outrage only applies...when it's something that isn't agreed with.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to take actions, boycott, or speak out in opposition...if you don't like that person's opinion.

Regardless of where they work...or even don't work.

Freedom of speech IS the very foundation of our nation (hint: that's why it is the FIRST amendment). :oops:

Don't like it?

I'm pretty sure you can always find a place to live...that doesn't allow freedom of speech.

Polar Bear 10-18-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1689483)
I always find it interesting when someone whines about a celebrity/sports figure/Etc. voicing their opinion, as if the minute they become more identifiable than the complainer...they should somehow not be allowed the same rights that you (a commoner) have.

And I'm sure it is just pure coincidence, that the outrage only applies...when it's something that isn't agreed with.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to take actions, boycott, or speak out in opposition...if you don't like that person's opinion.

Regardless of where they work...or even don't work.

Freedom of speech IS the very foundation of our nation (hint: that's why it is the FIRST amendment). :oops:

Don't like it?

I'm pretty sure you can always find a place to live...that doesn't allow freedom of speech.

So the NBA player is allowed an opinion, but the forum poster is not? Hmm.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.