Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   M&S A/C are thieves BEWARE (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/m-s-c-thieves-beware-299102/)

Daddymac 10-16-2019 04:14 PM

M&S A/C are thieves BEWARE

M&S air-conditioning repairs , Came to fix my AC unit
The capacitor was bad, and still under warranty so it was free. They charged Me $290 for the 30 Min Job.
I Called the Co. spoke with Ryan who told me there is other factors that come into play, then just a 30 minute job. THE OTHER FACTORS WAS “HOW TO ROB PEOPLES
MONEY 💰. JUST GIVING A HEADS UP.
————————————————†”———
BEWARE OF “M&S Air conditioning
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ,!!!!

villagetinker 10-16-2019 06:12 PM

Contact Seniors against crime and the BBB and file complaints with both. Even if the capacitor was not covered, it is an under $20 item, and as you noted 30 minutes to diagnose and install, allow $50 to $75, so less than $100.

Daddymac 10-16-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1689114)
Contact Seniors against crime and the BBB and file complaints with both. Even if the capacitor was not covered, it is an under $20 item, and as you noted 30 minutes to diagnose and install, allow $50 to $75, so less than $100.

Good Thinking. Thanks
:bigbow:

EdFNJ 10-16-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddymac (Post 1689098)
The capacitor was bad, and still under warranty so it was free. They charged Me $290 for the 30 Min Job.
I Called the Co. spoke with Ryan who told me there is other factors that come into play, then just a 30 minute job. THE OTHER FACTORS WAS “HOW TO ROB PEOPLES
MONEY ������. JUST GIVING A HEADS UP.
————————————————†”———

Besides how you feel about them (and I agree with you) did he tell you what the "other factors" were that made it $290?

When you called them for an appointment what did they say their rates were?

Their reviews are quite good on Google Reviews and A+ rating with the BBB. While I never believe them all there are a lot: m&s air conditioning reviews - Google Search

You should post a review there as well.

Daddymac 10-17-2019 09:28 AM

He said other factors play into the price.....other?

blgunkel 10-17-2019 09:58 AM

I changed my own capacitor and it only cost me $10.00

New Englander 10-17-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddymac (Post 1689098)
MONEY ������. JUST GIVING A HEADS UP.
————————————————†”———

I agree. They ripped you off.

villagetinker 10-17-2019 04:11 PM

OP, After reading another thread, is it possible there was a misunderstanding and there was actually additional work (added coolant, fixed small leak, or similar) the bill should have stated the exact work completed. If this was just a cap replacement, then you are correct to be mad, if there was other work done, then the bill may be correct.

Villageswimmer 10-17-2019 07:13 PM

Have you thought of disputing the charge with your credit card company?

Hiya543 10-30-2019 02:36 PM

Don't see a problem with it

I'm sure you paid around just under a hundred bucks for them just to come out to diagnose your problem. Then lets not forget labor, and then the costs of running a company (ie. insurance, truck to get there, etc.). This seems about right in my eyes. Remember your not only paying for them to fix your part, but your paying because you didn't know what the problem was and there expertise. For example takes a locksmith 5 mins to get you in your locked house but costs you over a hundred bucks, you've officially paid for his expertise and the fact you didn't know what or how to do it.

-Hiya