Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf cart insurance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-insurance-299501/)

JudyLife 10-29-2019 08:45 PM

Golf cart insurance

Can anyone please give me info regarding buying golf cart insurance that will cover my renters?

ckcapaul 10-29-2019 08:56 PM

When we had renters we used progressive and listed the renters on the policy

ureout 10-30-2019 01:51 PM

do not add the golf cart to your homeowners policy... I think you just need to insure the golf cart and then any driver is covered??

villagetinker 10-30-2019 04:10 PM

OP, you need to call insurance brokers, as I recall, if you list the golf cart with the home insurance, you may NOT be getting the same coverage that you get with a separate policy. I am not sure at if you can list renters as insured parties on the golf cart, you need to ask this question specifically, or possibly get a policy that is specifically for renters.

charmed59 10-30-2019 04:11 PM

Foremost insurance covers our carts as well as carts used for our rentals. We are also impressed with how well they cover claims.

Challenger 10-31-2019 03:54 AM

Covered cart on my USAA auto policy

pacjag 10-31-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1692339)
Covered cart on my USAA auto policy

Did you add it to your Homeowner’s policy? What was the cost and deductible? I am considering doing the same.

jcvdd1 10-31-2019 12:53 PM

Could anyone please advise me, why "not" carry golf cart insurance with the homeowners policy?

biker1 10-31-2019 02:27 PM

With Foremost, note that the insured value of your golf cart is not reduced as time goes by. In the event of a claim, they will pay off on the actual value of the cart and not the insured value. You may wish to periodically call your agent and provide them with an updated actual value on your cart to reduce your premium. You should be able to contact one of the cart dealers to get an actual value for your cart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 1692279)
Foremost insurance covers our carts as well as carts used for our rentals. We are also impressed with how well they cover claims.

ckcapaul 10-31-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcvdd1 (Post 1692439)
Could anyone please advise me, why "not" carry golf cart insurance with the homeowners policy?

If you carry a separate policy it will not affect your home owners insurance in the event of a claim

villagetinker 10-31-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

My understanding and this may be completely WRONG (so call your agent to verify), if you include with your HOUSE insurance your may not be getting collision, medical, etc., you may just have theft, fire, etc. Call, this is just what i have heard, we have a separate policy.

GatorFan 11-06-2019 12:26 PM

Foremost through THE Villages covers rental gold carts.

LuvtheVillages 11-07-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

If on your homeowners policy, the golf cart is treated the same as your sofa or your camera. It is covered if lost or damaged (like, by a fire)

However, if you have an accident with your golf cart and damage someone else's property (their golf cart) or injure someone, that may not be covered. You will be liable to pay for their damages or medical bills out of your pocket.

A separate golf cart policy is not expensive. About $100/year.

karostay 11-08-2019 08:00 AM

Personally I sell my cart to my renters for $500 with the understanding I buy it back at the end of their stay and they purchase their own insurance in their name
I don't want the liability exposure ..
How effective is it ? Only an incident that I hope never happens will tell

stan the man 11-08-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1692252)
do not add the golf cart to your homeowners policy... I think you just need to insure the golf cart and then any driver is covered??

be careful a lot of "I think" out there