Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Watch out! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/watch-out-299529/)

Daxdog 10-30-2019 03:56 PM

Watch out!

Hello everyone, if you have new people moving in near you that moved from the village of Dunedin, watch out. Someone reported about a half dozen people for landscaping, they didn’t do it until the day they moved out of Dunedin!:MOJE_whot:

Bogie Shooter 10-30-2019 04:18 PM

:what:

CFrance 10-30-2019 04:29 PM

This needs more explanation.

vintageogauge 10-30-2019 04:38 PM

Maybe they were getting even with nasty neighbors. And remember they can still turn you in after they move.

Marathon Man 10-30-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daxdog (Post 1692276)
Hello everyone, if you have new people moving in near you that moved from the village of Dunedin, watch out. Someone reported about a half dozen people for landscaping, they didn’t do it until the day they moved out of Dunedin!:MOJE_whot:

What do you mean by "watch out"? Do you mean that everyone should follow deed restrictions and they should 'watch out' for violations on their property and bring them into compliance?

JoMar 10-30-2019 06:21 PM

Someone from Dunedin reported a landscaping violation along Hillsborough and one of his neighbors gave him up.....which, if the same guy, would explain both his moving and his actions.

Yung Dum 10-31-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Simply stated: WTF are you talking about?

CFrance 11-01-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Dum (Post 1692520)
Simply stated: WTF are you talking about?

By Jove, I think I've got it! Someone was moving out of Dunedin & turned a bunch of deed infractions in as he left. Therefore, if you have a new neighbor who just moved in from Dunedin, put your white crosses and pelicans under the eaves lest you get turned in too.

dnobles 11-01-2019 07:06 AM

They moved out from of the Villages.

Topspinmo 11-01-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1692531)
By Jove, I think I've got it! Someone was moving out of Dunedin & turned a bunch of deed infractions in as he left. Therefore, if you have a new neighbor who just moved in from Dunedin, put your white crosses and pelicans under the eaves lest you get turned in too.

No, they will wait till they move.:popcorn:

Marathon Man 11-01-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1692531)

'Under the eaves' has been repeated so many times that a lot of peole have come to believe it. Community Standards has stated that the deed restrictions apply all the way up to the wall of your house. There is not safe zone 'under the eaves'.

villagetinker 11-01-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1692557)
'Under the eaves' has been repeated so many times that a lot of peole have come to believe it. Community Standards has stated that the deed restrictions apply all the way up to the wall of your house. There is not safe zone 'under the eaves'.

I have also confirmed there is no such "under the eves" exemption in a phone call to ARC after the trolls hit our neighborhood.

Retiring 11-02-2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Some are having a hard time understanding your post. I might be one of them.

You are simply warning about homeowners that couldn’t care less about their landscaping may be moving into homes in other villages? Since deed restrictions would still apply, are you sure they didn’t move outside TV?

TV has more than 120k people and 50 or 60k houses. There will always be those that “couldn’t care less.” All the deed restrictions in the world will not bring this type individual into compliance. The only way these people get the message is with an expensive legal battle. Even the wealthy don’t like “wasting” money.

OR are you saying, “the snitch might be coming to a neighborhood near you.” Yes, there are people with waaaay too much free time on their hands, this is a retirement community. I don’t know how to deal with this type individual other than to maintain a beautiful home. That seems to work every time.

Marathon Man 11-02-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiring (Post 1692647)
Some are having a hard time understanding your post. I might be one of them.

You are simply warning about homeowners that couldn’t care less about their landscaping may be moving into homes in other villages? Since deed restrictions would still apply, are you sure they didn’t move outside TV?

TV has more than 120k people and 50 or 60k houses. There will always be those that “couldn’t care less.” All the deed restrictions in the world will not bring this type individual into compliance. The only way these people get the message is with an expensive legal battle. Even the wealthy don’t like “wasting” money.

OR are you saying, “the snitch might be coming to a neighborhood near you.” Yes, there are people with waaaay too much free time on their hands, this is a retirement community. I don’t know how to deal with this type individual other than to maintain a beautiful home. That seems to work every time.

:bigbow: