Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   4 seat cart or two seat cart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/4-seat-cart-two-seat-cart-299661/)

bfdretired 11-05-2019 07:31 AM

4 seat cart or two seat cart

newbee here....will be buying a cart soon....thought i wanted 4 seater so visitors could go for a ride....but some said go rent a 4 seater if company is coming.......please give advice.........thanks

Blessed2BNTV 11-05-2019 07:37 AM

We have one of each. We use the two seater for golf but use the four seater for tooling around and shopping (and guests). More room for groceries under back seat. We also upgraded seats on 4 seater for comfort.

If we had to own only one, it would be a four seater. Gives more flexibility.

eyc234 11-05-2019 07:45 AM

I would agree with that advice. We were really gun-ho about a 4 seater but found it was not as needed as much as we thought. Much easier to rent the size cart you need.

Bay Kid 11-05-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV (Post 1693273)
We have one of each. We use the two seater for golf but use the four seater for tooling around and shopping (and guests). More room for groceries under back seat. We also upgraded seats on 4 seater for comfort.

If we had to own only one, it would be a four seater. Gives more flexibility.

Same here. 4 seater is great for shopping.

oldtimes 11-05-2019 08:18 AM

We bought a 2 seater and I now regret it.

villagetinker 11-05-2019 08:38 AM

We just upgraded to a 4 seater, but ours has the option that the back seats fold up as well as the extension for the rear facing passengers feet. This design is only 4 inches longer than the standard 2 seater version. We purchased a 2017 Yamaha quite-tech and we love it.
The length was a concern for storage in the garage as well as space required in perpendicular parking along a street. Many 4 seaters with permanently mounted seats tend to stick out into the driving lane and present a hazard to the automotive traffic.
hope this helps.

cmj1210 11-05-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfdretired (Post 1693271)
newbee here....will be buying a cart soon....thought i wanted 4 seater so visitors could go for a ride....but some said go rent a 4 seater if company is coming.......please give advice.........thanks

We have a 4 seater and love it. Our bench opens up in the back so we also use it for shopping. We never regretted it for a second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MichaelFauteux 11-05-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Monthly rate for a 4 seater is $400.00... you do the math.

2 seater is a good choice if you can get a deal... car from visitors can still be used.

gatorbill1 11-05-2019 10:34 AM

We had a four seater for a year. Found out nobody wanted to sit in the back, so wife and I got stuck in back. Sold it and have had a 2 seater since.

bfdretired 11-05-2019 11:21 AM

retired BFD

newbee says thanks.....lots of 2 seaters available...but still worried about groceries and company....gas definitley 2017 or newer soon to buy

Kerry Azz 11-06-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Go rent one if you need it, that’s what I do. I use J&J carts they deliver and pick it up for short money,

Chi-Town 11-06-2019 03:48 PM

We have a 4 seater Yamaha as our primary cart and it is built that way rather than just tacking a seat on the back. The roof rises in the back for rear passenger headroom and it definitely feel beefed up for the added weight it would carry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dewilson58 11-07-2019 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfdretired (Post 1693329)
newbee says thanks.....lots of 2 seaters available...but still worried about groceries and company....gas definitley 2017 or newer soon to buy

Our first cart was a four seater. Glad we did it for all the reasons mentioned.

Would highly recommend not getting the four seater with the flip up seat. Pay extra and get the cart with better suspension and storage space under the rear seat.

Our second cart is a two seater.

JoMar 11-07-2019 04:31 PM

We have 2 two seater's, wife has hers and I have mine. We use a shopping bag that is secured by the golf cart straps and holds everything we buy. When we have guests they use one of the carts and we use the other. Found with 4 seater's with rear facing seats those in the back have their own conversations and those in the front have theirs so the 4 seats get you nothing. With a rear facing 4 seater those in the back can socialize with the carts following them :). Factor in the sound of the gas engine and the conversation is even less. When kids and grand kids visit we rent a 4 or six seater depending on who is coming. Everyone's needs are different. Until you know how any cart will fit into your life it's hard to give good advice. There are folks that only use a cart when they have guests and use their cars for everything else. Then there are folks like my wife and I that use the carts for everything and only use the car when we must leave the bubble or it's storming. Take the input you find here but you must understand what your lifestyle expectations are here.

John_W 11-07-2019 09:28 PM

http://www.golfcardepot.com/images/b...c9d7852a71.jpg

Florida Golf Cars, Carts, EZ-GO, Club Car, Bad Boy Buggy, Schwinn Scooters

https://1ebf50f1b47579672e04-0dc3934...73b5149721.jpg

Electric Vehicle Dealers - florida | Polaris GEM

http://villagestreetrod.com/wp-conte...85-762x456.jpg

All New Lux Generation 1 - Village Streetrod Golf Cars