Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mosquitos (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mosquitos-299734/)

sail33or 11-08-2019 09:03 AM

Mosquitos

Is The Villages spraying anymore? I am in the Village of Fernandina and mosquitos are horrible right at sunset. How are they in the Squares at night? I have been here 4 years and have never seen them this bad.

villagetinker 11-08-2019 09:12 AM

We have been here 6 years (just south of 466a) and were at an outdoor party Oct 31st, and the mosquitoes were bad, this is the first time I was bitten multiple times, 9 to 12 on my ankle alone. As for your question, I do not recall seeing the spraying truck recently.

Taltarzac725 11-08-2019 09:18 AM

These have been quite bad in Lynnhaven of late as well. :ohdear:

DAIII 11-08-2019 09:35 AM

I witnessed them spray this week, about 9pm in McClure

graciegirl 11-08-2019 09:46 AM

Mosquito Control | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

CWGUY 11-08-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sail33or (Post 1693827)
Is The Villages spraying anymore? I am in the Village of Fernandina and mosquitos are horrible right at sunset. How are they in the Squares at night? I have been here 4 years and have never seen them this bad.

:ohdear: The Villages doesn't spray..... never did. At our home Sumter Co. sprays. G.G. posted a link to Sumter Co. It has a lot of contact info. PHONE, FAX, EMAIL , and even a Customer Satisfaction Survey. My guess is sadly few will read it. :oops:

rustyp 11-08-2019 10:17 AM

Spanish Springs - no mosquitoes

billethkid 11-08-2019 10:27 AM

I have seen the truck that goes around with a fog machine in our area and nearby. Usually latter at night when most people are in for the night....

bluedivergirl 11-08-2019 10:47 AM

They have been terrible at Brownwood. Numerous ankle-bites at Bluefin and in the square. Before this year, I hadn't been bitten in The Villages at all.

Ooper 11-08-2019 10:54 AM

Living in Santiago, I use to see the truck numerous times during the summer around mid-night. Haven't seen it lately. However, my wife and I sit out almost every night from before sunset till after sunset and there have been no mosquitos at all. We do see these little black sand flea type bugs occasionally that do like to bite sometimes.

Chi-Town 11-08-2019 11:15 AM

The end of October through the beginning of November seems to be peak mosquito season. Should get better soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kansasr 11-08-2019 11:29 AM

I no longer will go to Brownwood from dusk on....just not worth it, getting eaten alive every time. The area around Osceola Hills is also deadly for me. Really don't spend time south of 44, but based upon my history south of 466A, I'm staying north.

karostay 11-08-2019 01:06 PM

They have our dollars in the north section Brownwood to Orange Blossom.. now its all about sales south of us they get the spray we don't
First time in eight years of living can't sit out after dusk

600th Photo Sq 11-08-2019 09:00 PM

Here is the scoop: The developer has a deal with one of the connections to the " Family " to bomb The Villages on a regular schedule. Obviously they have had a family " Tiff ' so...we us the residents are the victims.

The Developer controls practically everything yes they do especially when it comes to $$$ ...........................Period

Grin and accept it. Or Leave

CFrance 11-08-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1693949)
Here is the scoop: The developer has a deal with one of the connections to the " Family " to bomb The Villages on a regular schedule. Obviously they have had a family " Tiff ' so...we us the residents are the victims.

The Developer controls practically everything yes they do especially when it comes to $$$ ...........................Period

Grin and accept it. Or Leave

Where do you get this information?