Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Golf Group (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-group-299738/)

Davonu 11-08-2019 12:02 PM

Golf Group

For multiple reasons, it looks like my regular golf group will be no more very soon.

I was just wondering if there might be a group between 466 and 466a who might on occasion need a player. I'm not a maniac like some...heheh. I usually play once or twice a week, but always enjoy one of those times being regular and with folks I grow to know. Exec, Champ 9 or 18. It's all good. Just thought I'd float this on ToTV.

Thanks. And keep it in the short grass.

Polar Bear 12-02-2019 01:42 PM

Not a single reply?

I've had a similar situation in the past. Too bad there aren't 'leagues' or some such thing. Men's/Women's Days are fine, but they're not the same as a league or something similar for regular individual play.

ohiosbestus 12-03-2019 09:16 AM

I think the villages should start a regular league at every course. From 32 golfers or more for every ourse championship or executive.......They are missing the boat on this particular event.

dewilson58 12-03-2019 09:36 AM

Recommendation.

Once times are set, go and look for openings. Most groups end up with an "odd number" and they have two or three in one group. Join in and eventually, you will find a receptive group.

It's a fun way to meet new.

bagboy 12-03-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiosbestus (Post 1698807)
I think the villages should start a regular league at every course. From 32 golfers or more for every ourse championship or executive.......They are missing the boat on this particular event.

2.9 million rounds of golf last year. I would hate to see what getting on the boat would look like.

Polar Bear 12-03-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1698840)
2.9 million rounds of golf last year. I would hate to see what getting on the boat would look like.

I agree that they certainly don’t need leagues. But I also agree that a lot of people would like them.

kkeennyy 01-04-2020 10:05 AM

There really should be leagues in the villages.. I"ve contacted Clubs out of the villages in order to join a golf league. I also don"t understand why theirs no Leagues in the villages.......

Rrgolf 01-04-2020 10:49 AM

We have 3 of us every Friday..always looking for a 4th. Rotate the championship courses

Davonu 03-09-2020 06:34 PM

Checking back in with this thread again.

(Rrgolf...still looking for 4ths on occasion? :) )

JoMar 03-09-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkeennyy (Post 1707033)
There really should be leagues in the villages.. I"ve contacted Clubs out of the villages in order to join a golf league. I also don"t understand why theirs no Leagues in the villages.......

I think that was answered in a previous post. Pretty obvious if you think about the play here.

kcrazorbackfan 03-09-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davonu (Post 1693866)
For multiple reasons, it looks like my regular golf group will be no more very soon.

I was just wondering if there might be a group between 466 and 466a who might on occasion need a player. I'm not a maniac like some...heheh. I usually play once or twice a week, but always enjoy one of those times being regular and with folks I grow to know. Exec, Champ 9 or 18. It's all good. Just thought I'd float this on ToTV.

Thanks. And keep it in the short grass.

Sent you a PM.

tophcfa 03-09-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1698815)
Recommendation.

Once times are set, go and look for openings. Most groups end up with an "odd number" and they have two or three in one group. Join in and eventually, you will find a receptive group.

It's a fun way to meet new.

Totally agree, I have done this often and been invited to join a few different groups. If I was full time, I would have joined but I can't make a commitment to join a group when I have to come and go at various times based on all the responsibilities that I am trying to get off my plate.

Fredman 03-10-2020 07:11 PM

It would be difficult to set up a league because of the point system. One person with too many points would shut down the whole league.

DARFAP 03-16-2020 10:33 AM

Yep, I do this all the time. Often, I end up playing with a group, and inevitably, if I let them kick my butt on the course, they will invite me to play again.