Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Need property survey done (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/need-property-survey-done-299751/)

billethkid 11-08-2019 10:26 PM

Need property survey done

Looking for reputable/known property/site surveyor.

CFrance 11-08-2019 10:49 PM

I wonder if Frank the home inspector would know of one.

fishon 11-09-2019 07:08 AM

Hire the company that surveyed your house when you bought it.

dewilson58 11-09-2019 07:20 AM

Depending on how exact you need to be (neighbor debate) there is infrastructure to use as guides and starting points.

Utility boxes, in ground water meter, etc., then use the county GIS map.

Could consider sprinklers.

billethkid 11-09-2019 08:10 AM

I already checked with Frank's (office). Person who answered recommended google!!!
It is for a neighborly new fence location dispute....non-Villages property....8-10 acre parcels.

new next door owner actually removed pre-existing survey pins to make holes for new fence...tying into our existing fence line.

graciegirl 11-09-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1693995)
I already checked with Frank's (office). Person who answered recommended google!!!
It is for a neighborly new fence location dispute....non-Villages property....8-10 acre parcels.

new next door owner actually removed pre-existing survey pins to make holes for new fence...tying into our existing fence line.

That was impudent · impertinent · insolent · presumptuous · forward · cheeky · irreverent · discourteous · disrespectful · insubordinate · ill-mannered · bad-mannered · unmannerly · mannerless and BALLSY.

villagetinker 11-09-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1693969)
Looking for reputable/known property/site surveyor.

You have a couple of options, you can get your plat plan from the county office. As noted above, this will have various items located that will give you the general location of the boundaries (with in a foot). If you need the exact location, someone in the metal detector club may be able to help. There should be metal pins at each corner of your property. You can then drive a metal rod and tie a string to see the actual line. Final option, call your bank and ask them who they use for checking boundaries when a house is sold.
As an after though, you could try Google or Google maps and search on surveyor which should get you some results.

graciegirl 11-09-2019 08:43 AM

///

dewilson58 11-09-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Bummer

champion6 11-09-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1694008)
<snip> Final option, call your bank and ask them who they use for checking boundaries when a house is sold. <snip>

Two more ideas for obtaining recommendations: 1)a local title insurance company; 2) an MLS real state office or agent.

villagetinker 11-09-2019 10:18 AM

Interesting, not sure it was legal to remove the original survey pins.

Just noticed the previous post that the pins were removed to install a fence, this implies that the fence IS ON THE PROPERTY LINE. I have never seen any location where this is allowed, and I am sure in TV all fencing, stone walls, landscaping, etc., must be at least 2 feet from the property line. This area in many cases is a drainage area. Was an application with ARC ever approved, something does not sound right.

Cobh521 11-09-2019 10:21 AM

Rogers Surveying and Mapping Inc 352-735-8734

rustyp 11-09-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Am I reading this correct, Your fence is also on the property line ? If so what is the problem with the neighbor's fence? I'm missing something here.

retiredguy123 11-09-2019 02:26 PM

I would just get a copy of the official plat. It will have dimensions and landmarks on it. I don't see any reason to hire a surveyor, unless you suspect a problem with the plat. You would just be asking for trouble, because the survey may not exactly match the plat.

Velvet 11-09-2019 03:56 PM

It sounds like neighbor is intruding on OP’s property. Happened to me up North, neighbor did it little by little, first he repaved driveway and edged the mutual driveway in his colors so it would look like Only his driveway. Then later when I tried to access my parking from the mutual driveway he put up a fence across my access. Then he put fence posts on my side. I tried talking, sending letters, getting the councilman involved. I had a professional survey the city has but neighbor ignored it. So much trouble! Due to different reasons I moved and was I glad to get rid of him!

Be proactive at first sign of disrespect, because it just gets worse if you try to be “nice”. And expensive.