Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Driveway Parking (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/driveway-parking-299755/)

ladila2 11-09-2019 09:05 AM

Driveway Parking

Seems like I remember when I moved to The Villages there was a code that stipulated resident's vehicles should be parked in their garage.
My neighborhood is beginning to look like a parking lot. Neighbor has three cars and a golf car, two are always left in the driveway throughout the night. Other neighbor never puts the vehicle in the garage.
Just wish to clarify this?? Thank you

gatorbill1 11-09-2019 09:12 AM

no such code - there are some restrictions on parking on the road

CWGUY 11-09-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladila2 (Post 1694016)
Seems like I remember when I moved to The Villages there was a code that stipulated resident's vehicles should be parked in their garage.
My neighborhood is beginning to look like a parking lot. Neighbor has three cars and a golf car, two are always left in the driveway throughout the night. Other neighbor never puts the vehicle in the garage.

:ohdear: VCDD Community Standards

retiredguy123 11-09-2019 09:19 AM

I don't think there is any prohibition about parking in your driveway. In most courtyard villas, owners must park their vehicles in the driveway or in the garage, but are not allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. However, visitors are allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. In fact, in non-courtyard areas, I think you can park either in your driveway or on the street, unless the street is designated as a no parking area.

Topspinmo 11-09-2019 09:32 AM

Read restrictions for My district and more or less majority rules are same. Just can’t park truck over 3/4 ton in the drive way other than temporary, which explained under RV parking (72 Hours max for loading and unloading. For regular vehicles no restrictions parking in drive way, but, can’t park in the grass, rocks if have rock yard, or sidewalks to front door. Street parking has some restrictions like when diamond lane runs in front of you’re home. You can’t block the diamond lane for extended amount of time, see landscapers during work hours parked to do work. Not all districts standards are the same. Nobody monitoring parking. Somebody has to complain in writing if you expect any violations to be corrected, if the are actually violations? This IMO more of problem in CYV’s and patio villas with 1 1/2 garages and limited driveway space along with narrow streets that wasn’t designed for street parking.

CWGUY 11-09-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1694022)
I don't think there is any prohibition about parking in your driveway. In most courtyard villas, owners must park their vehicles in the driveway or in the garage, but are not allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. However, visitors are allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. In fact, in non-courtyard areas, I think you can park either in your driveway or on the street, unless the street is designated as a no parking area.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

retiredguy123 11-09-2019 09:48 AM

Courtyard villa parking restrictions from the covenants:

"No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces."

The Villages will enforce this rule if there is a complaint.

CWGUY 11-09-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1694032)
Courtyard villa parking restrictions from the covenants:

"No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces."

The Villages will enforce this rule if there is a complaint.

:ohdear: They don't!

retiredguy123 11-09-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1694035)
:ohdear: They don't!

The rule has been enforced in courtyard villa areas, especially where owners have tried to use the visitor parking spaces to store a vehicle for weeks at a time.

600th Photo Sq 11-09-2019 06:13 PM

Actually Courtyard Villa roads are considered " Private " with public access. As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

Annoying yes...but nothing ya can do about it.

retiredguy123 11-09-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1694156)
Actually Courtyard Villa roads are considered " Private " with public access. As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

Refer to Post No. 7. According to the covenants, owners cannot park on the street, but visitors can.

EdFNJ 11-09-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Not logical or plausible as many people have 2 cars and a 1 or 1 1/2 car garage.

OCsun 11-10-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1694156)
As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

I had such a situation. I tried to have a car removed which was not blocking any traffic. Neither The Villages or the Sumter County Police Department were able to remove the car. They even went so far as to tell me if someone dies and their car is left on the street they do not have the right to move it unless it is blocking or causing some such traffic issue.

KittyKat 11-10-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

I moved here to the Village of Amelia in 2007. I could have sworn, too, that I read that somewhere because I have always remembered it. It looked so nice when we first moved in but then it gradually changed to what you are now saying. I prefer the clean look. Now it looks like it did up North, except for the trashcans & recycling bins.:sigh:

NJDiane 11-11-2019 03:47 AM

I specifically asked about that when we bought our home. The realtor said you are allowed to park in the driveway. Some people do that in our neighborhood and it doesn’t bother me at all!