Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-299900/)

Chatbrat 11-14-2019 07:32 AM

Cody's

Well despite my advice the Admiral wanted to go to Cody's LSL, on veterans day

Never again, we discovered our food was dried out warmed over and overly saturated with taste enhancers MSG and or their equivalent--took two days before my dried out mouth returned to normal

The only plus were the attentive bar persons

Rapscallion St Croix 11-14-2019 08:06 AM

The peanuts are OK

gatorbill1 11-14-2019 09:49 AM

stopped going there - food was bad and too many people

eweissenbach 11-14-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1695144)
stopped going there - food was bad and too many people

“Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.” Y. Berra

John_W 11-14-2019 11:30 AM

Menu

I only go to the LSL Cody's and I only order one item, it the Roadhouse Chopped Steak 10 oz, it use to be only $10.99, I see it's now $12.49. Paired with a baked potato and their large house salad bowl I enjoy it about twice a year. I usually have it cooked MW with grilled onions. I've had the same at Texas Roadhouse, which is called Road Kill Steak and it's not as good. On Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 4pm you can listen to Take Two on the patio who are pretty good duo with their own backup. I've only been to the Cody's at Brownwood one time, and didn't enjoy the atmosphere near as much.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...-roadhouse.jpg

JimJohnson 11-14-2019 02:27 PM

After 10 years, Cody’s is by far the best food in The Villages. Their hamburgers are great, their ribs are wonderful, their wings are the best in the world, and their endless salad is hands down the best anywhere in this country.

Chatbrat 11-15-2019 07:35 AM

WOW, if Cody's is the best in TV, can't imagine what the worst is--ribs that have been sitting under a heat lamp all day, dried out hockey puck burgers, same goes for their wings--their salad is very good as long as their are no rubber glove pieces included

Challenger 11-15-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1695271)
WOW, if Cody's is the best in TV, can't imagine what the worst is--ribs that have been sitting under a heat lamp all day, dried out hockey puck burgers, same goes for their wings--their salad is very good as long as their are no rubber glove pieces included

Along with terrible table service, I have had the very same experience and opinion

Bonnevie 11-15-2019 08:14 AM

I'll take Cody's salmon over the Chop Houses any day.

Chatbrat 11-15-2019 09:13 AM

Willing to bet no one would take Cody's restroom over the Chop House's

Challenger 11-15-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1695298)
Willing to bet no one would take Cody's restroom over the Chop House's

Restroom is a disgrace !

billethkid 11-15-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1695302)
Restroom is a disgrace !

Rest rooms do reflect the attention the management has to what the customer can see. There is no way to rationalize or defend a filthy rest room!!!

If the management does not care how trashy or filthy what you can see is....what makes anybody think it will be any different where we cannot see....like THE KITCHEN!!!!!

bilcon 11-15-2019 09:28 AM

Hey! It's a Roadhouse, not a 5 star restaurant. If "nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded, then why is it too crowded"? Their steaks, burgers, wings are good. Great drink prices up to 7pm, entertainment almost daily. I took a look in their kitchen recently and it was pretty clean for the amount of business they do. If you don't like, don't go there... More room for us.

Challenger 11-15-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1695306)
Hey! It's a Roadhouse, not a 5 star restaurant. If "nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded, then why is it too crowded"? Their steaks, burgers, wings are good. Great drink prices up to 7pm, entertainment almost daily. I took a look in their kitchen recently and it was pretty clean for the amount of business they do. If you don't like, don't go there... More room for us.

That's a deal.:coolsmiley:

carol_baumer 11-15-2019 12:10 PM

We’ve had some fun evenings at Cody’s , very pleasant staff, incredible prices, great atmosphere. It’s a wonderful place. You’re right, the food is not gourmet but WHERE in the Villages is the food outstanding?!?