Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   The Lighthouse (2019). (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/lighthouse-2019-a-299901/)

Taltarzac725 11-14-2019 08:37 AM

The Lighthouse (2019).

The Lighthouse (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

This is getting buzz as being the best movie in 2019 so far. 45 Best Movies of 2019 (So Far) - Best New Films of 2019

And for Oscar nominations for its stars?

John_W 11-14-2019 11:16 AM

Currently it's only playing at Lake Square Mall in Leesburg, hopefully TV would pick it up and probably put it at SS. On IMDB it has an 8.3 rating from 13,000 viewers. Usually 7.0 or above I consider worth going to the movies to see, and 8.0 and above is excellent.

I enjoy most of what Willem Dafoe does and he is pretty good, I really liked him as the bad guy in "To Live and Die in LA" and as the detective in "American Psycho". William Pattinson has been trying to shed his Twlight image. I've seen him in couple of good dramas, "Remember Me" from 2010 I thought was exceptionally good with a big twist ending and I hear he's going to be the next Batman.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...5,1000_AL_.jpg

Here's a review from IMDB from a regular audience member:

10 Stars - A Piece of Art 9 October 2019 | by vyrondiamind –

Nothing is what it seems at the uncanny lighthouse where Robert and Willem deliver a performace from beyond. The chemistry between both of them grabs you on every emotion, from laughter to discomfort, and never seems to let your attention go. Since I'm no horror fanatic myself it's worth to mention Lighthouse is more categorised in the psychological sector where the atmosphere does a excelent job to make you feel uncomfortable and suspenseful. Absolutely amazing movie, or should I say a piece of art, on every level.

Kenswing 11-14-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1695172)
Currently it's only playing at Lake Square Mall in Leesburg, hopefully TV would pick it up and probably put it at SS. On IMDB it has an 8.3 rating from 13,000 viewers. Usually 7.0 or above I consider worth going to the movies to see, and 8.0 and above is excellent.

I enjoy most of what Willem Dafoe does and he is pretty good, I really liked him as the bad guy in "To Live and Die in LA" and as the detective in "American Psycho". William Pattinson has been trying to shed his Twlight image. I've seen him in couple of good dramas, "Remember Me" from 2010 I thought was exceptionally good with a big twist ending and I hear he's going to be the next Batman.

Here's a review from IMDB from a regular audience member:

10 Stars - A Piece of Art 9 October 2019 | by vyrondiamind –

Nothing is what it seems at the uncanny lighthouse where Robert and Willem deliver a performace from beyond. The chemistry between both of them grabs you on every emotion, from laughter to discomfort, and never seems to let your attention go. Since I'm no horror fanatic myself it's worth to mention Lighthouse is more categorised in the psychological sector where the atmosphere does a excelent job to make you feel uncomfortable and suspenseful. Absolutely amazing movie, or should I say a piece of art, on every level.

It's currently at the Barnstorm.. :thumbup: BARNSTORM

John_W 11-14-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1695182)
It's currently at the Barnstorm.. :thumbup: BARNSTORM

Now I have plans for next Tuesday, thanks!! I really like IMDB for ratings and reviews, but they have one flaw. When you check to see where a movie is playing, they don't include Brownwood. I emailed them a few years ago after BW had been open for a while, but they didn't seem to know about the place. Now when I put in the zip code, it only lists Clermont as the closest for The Lighthouse.

The Lighthouse Showtimes - IMDb

Taltarzac725 11-14-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1695187)
Now I have plans for next Tuesday, thanks!! I really like IMDB for ratings and reviews, but they have one flaw. When you check to see where a movie is playing, they don't include Brownwood. I emailed them a few years ago after BW had been open for a while, but they didn't seem to know about the place. Now when I put in the zip code, it only lists Clermont as the closest for The Lighthouse.

The Lighthouse Showtimes - IMDb

I believe this is leaving today from the Barnstorm. I did note people going to it when I was standing in line to go to other Barnstorm movies.