Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   Page error, has happened before! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/page-error-has-happened-before-299911/)

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-14-2019 02:00 PM

Page error, has happened before!

Quote:

This page isn’t working
The Villages, Florida | 55+ Active Adult Retirement Community Website is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Obviously I can access the website and post, but I can't access the home page of www(dot)talkofthevillages(dot)com.

It has happened before, even though nothing on my end has changed. The cookies are the same cookies in the system that were there when it was working fine. Permissions are exactly the same. I'm logged in, closed the browser, right-clicked on the desktop to "refresh", re-opened it, and still get that error.

It might go away tomorrow or not for another few days, even though I turn the computer completely off every night.

It happens when I am using my google search engine (because I keep forgetting to bookmark the site and my auto-type makes this process quick and easy), and it happens when I'm already on this site and click the "home" button.

Kenswing 11-14-2019 02:09 PM

Jaz, I'm also having the same issue. I do have the site bookmarked and was/am getting the 500 error. Finally just came in through the main TOTV page.

dewilson58 11-14-2019 02:36 PM

same here

villagetinker 11-14-2019 05:14 PM

Same here tried 2 browsers, same issue, I think I managed to send a message to the owners.

memason 11-14-2019 06:40 PM

I had this problem when I used CenturyLink DNS servers...if you’re using CL, that might be the issue.

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-14-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 1695213)
I had this problem when I used CenturyLink DNS servers...if you’re using CL, that might be the issue.

No, Xfinity. I don't have this problem with any other website only here.

njbchbum 11-14-2019 07:07 PM

Phew! I thought my computer was giving me a fit today! Could not access via my bookmark for 'forums' and had to go to www[dot]talkofthevillages[dot]com/ and then link to 'FORUM' and then 'MAIN' to get to page where I could opt for 'New Posts". Glad that I got here! lol

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-14-2019 08:24 PM

Hey! I logged out, then logged back in again, and it reset everything. If any of you haven't done that yet, try and see if that fixes it for you too!

villagetinker 11-15-2019 12:48 PM

It is now working correctly for me.

Carla B 11-15-2019 02:50 PM

Had the same problem yesterday and the afternoon before. Now it is working okay.

Ben Franklin 11-15-2019 08:19 PM

I think this site might have had the problem. I tried to get in 3 separate times yesterday, and couldn't, until late in the afternoon or evening.

ColdNoMore 11-28-2019 06:06 PM

Although I haven't been frequenting the site very often lately, something here seems to currently be a bit messed up.

When I come here it shows a whole lot of old subscribed threads (more than a week)...where no additional posts have been made. In addition, when I go to them and refresh...they still show as new posts. :oops:

And then a couple of my recently subscribed threads are not showing up at all...even when I hit "new posts."

Powers That Be - Any suggestion(s)?

Thanks,

CNM