Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Why is Live PD the most watched series on Television. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/why-live-pd-most-watched-series-television-299932/)

graciegirl 11-15-2019 10:36 AM

Why is Live PD the most watched series on Television.

I enjoy watching it for many reasons;

One is that Police Officers usually maintain and practice a certain defined way of speaking to people that is overall respectful, i.e, they don't refer to people who are crooks as anything but gentlemen and females...which I find interesting and refreshing.

Do you like Live P.D.???

If so, why?

If not. Why not?

Bogie Shooter 11-15-2019 05:54 PM

I find it annoying that there is a delay in the broadcast so the department can correct any errors.

Bogie Shooter 11-15-2019 07:21 PM

I find it annoying that there is a delay in the broadcast so the department can correct any errors.

anothersteve 11-15-2019 08:28 PM

I love it when they let the dogs loose.
Steve

kcrazorbackfan 11-15-2019 09:37 PM

My wife and I love it because it's a way to re-live our careers.

NotGolfer 11-15-2019 11:16 PM

I've not gotten "into" watching this particular show but like to watch other true-crime ones. The live ones have an element about them that don't hold my interest for some reason.

manaboutown 11-15-2019 11:22 PM

Dunno. People must have dull and boring lives and look to the tube to enliven them.

Velvet 11-15-2019 11:52 PM

I watched it once but real life is often a lot slower than a documentary. Like the high school shooting that took place 2 days ago in California, HNL showed it all day and practically nothing else. I was reading the newspapers so just forgot to turn off the set.

Nucky 11-16-2019 08:26 AM

It's popular because people are looking to see if their neighbors or family members or fellow posters finally got popped!

I've never seen it yet! I'll give it a shot now.

graciegirl 11-16-2019 08:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I do other stuff.

bilcon 11-16-2019 08:55 AM

I always liked seeing the "GOOD GUYS" win. It doesn't happen too much in real life anymore.

graciegirl 11-16-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1695521)
I always liked seeing the "GOOD GUYS" win. It doesn't happen too much in real life anymore.

THAT is exactly why I like to watch it too.

Taltarzac725 11-16-2019 09:53 AM

Never seen it.

manaboutown 11-16-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1695519)
Thank you. And why would you say something like that?

:boxing2:

I spend several hours a day doing stuff like this;

Those are nice paintings, GG. Painting is relaxing and enjoyable. Some of my grandmother's and aunt's paintings hang in my house.

Why would I say that? Personally I do not watch much TV as most shows are geared to the mass market, a 9th grade level audience. Producers want the largest possible numbers of viewers to make the most money. As for cop shows, I have personally experienced enough crime in Albuquerque, where many of the early COP shows as well as the Breaking Bad series were filmed, to last me a lifetime. I would rather read. It is a matter of how one chooses to spend one's time.

graciegirl 11-16-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1695541)
Those are nice paintings, GG. Painting is relaxing and enjoyable. Some of my grandmother's and aunt's paintings hang in my house.

Why would I say that? Personally I do not watch much TV as most shows are geared to the mass market, a 9th grade level audience. Producers want the largest possible numbers of viewers to make the most money. As for cop shows, I have personally experienced enough crime in Albuquerque, where many of the early COP shows as well as the Breaking Bad series were filmed, to last me a lifetime. I would rather read. It is a matter of how one chooses to spend one's time.

Excellent response. I apologize for taking your remark personally. I very much enjoy the somewhat light crime shows that are British; Midsommer Murders, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Father Brown. I love the secondary plots and the beautiful costuming and the amazing backgrounds. Sometimes at night I stay away from very intense shows. I tend to think about them instead of sleeping.