Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Outside spigots? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/outside-spigots-299978/)

Steve CT 11-17-2019 08:18 AM

Outside spigots?

How is the outside water from spigots billed? Is it part of the irrigation usage or drinking? I power washed my home and want to see if that's the cause for the increase in usage last month.

skip0358 11-17-2019 08:19 AM

Drinking water usage!

Steve CT 11-17-2019 08:30 AM

Thank you.

retiredguy123 11-17-2019 08:48 AM

You wouldn't want to wash your house with irrigation water.

Bogie Shooter 11-17-2019 09:47 AM

Why? Why would a spigot on the side of the house have irrigation water?

graciegirl 11-17-2019 10:55 AM

North of 466 irrigation water is the same as indoor water. South of 466 irrigation water is from retention ponds, but the spigot water is indoor water.

I think.

New Englander 11-17-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve CT (Post 1695729)
How is the outside water from spigots billed? Is it part of the irrigation usage or drinking? I power washed my home and want to see if that's the cause for the increase in usage last month.

When I first moved to TV, I did think the outside spigots were irrigation water. Some kind poster here let me know that the outside spigots were in fact drinking water.

ton80 11-17-2019 11:58 AM

irrigation waer and spigot water

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1695770)
North of 466 irrigation water is the same as indoor water. South of 466 irrigation water is from retention ponds, but the spigot water is indoor water.

I think.

Spigot (hose bib) water is always potable water . That is why you have backflow preventers on all outside spigots.

Here is the CDD link that defines irrigation water source for each area Village Community Development Districts

EdFNJ 11-17-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ton80 (Post 1695785)
Spigot (hose bib) water is always potable water . That is why you have backflow preventers on all outside spigots.

Here is the CDD link that defines irrigation water source for each area Village Community Development Districts

Ours doesn't need to be looked up as it smells like poop when it is first turned on after being off for a while, GROSS! :1rotfl:

ton80 11-17-2019 08:31 PM

irrigation water source

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1695859)
Ours doesn't need to be looked up as it smells like poop when it is first turned on after being off for a while, GROSS! :1rotfl:

I do not know where you live nor what you think the irrigation water smell is caused by. The reference to poop suggests that you think it comes from treated wastewater. IMO the smell is from the iron sulfide in the lower floridian aquifer water and not recycled treated waste water which only goes to golf courses and common area irrigation My guess is that you are south of Rt 466.

EdFNJ 11-18-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ton80 (Post 1695893)
I do not know where you live nor what you think the irrigation water smell is caused by. The reference to poop suggests that you think it comes from treated wastewater. IMO the smell is from the iron sulfide in the lower floridian aquifer water and not recycled treated waste water which only goes to golf courses and common area irrigation My guess is that you are south of Rt 466.

Correct ... I am in Amelia and our stinky irrigation water comes from retention ponds as well as aquifer water. Village Community Development Districts Water

Frankly I don't care where it comes from or how it gets here :D but it smells vile for the first couple minutes. While it may not smell EXACTLY like poop (maybe I'll to do a side by side comparison some day :) ) it's poopie stinky enough to nauseate me and make me jump in the shower if I get sprayed. :1rotfl::1rotfl: