Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   Ford v Ferrari (2019). (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/ford-v-ferrari-2019-a-300052/)

Taltarzac725 11-18-2019 09:44 PM

Ford v Ferrari (2019).

Ford v Ferrari (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

I absolutely loved this movie. :popcorn:

Great action scenes, writing, photography, acting, etc.

It was also quite a lot of fun.

dewilson58 11-19-2019 06:52 AM

I agree.

Being a car guy, I enjoyed the movie's story line. Pretty accurate.

TNGary 11-19-2019 08:53 AM

Thanks for the comments, I am very much looking forward to the movie.
As an fyi, in case your not aware, a documentary was done on F Vs. F with actual footage and interviews and such with the key players. It is a true classic, Below is a post to a 2 minute trailer of the documentary that I believe you would find very interesting.

Not sure where you can view the entire documentary without having to pay for a download, but if you locate where it can be viewed please advise on this post, thanks

FORD V FERRARI IN "THE 24 HOUR WAR" Documentary - YouTube

Taltarzac725 11-21-2019 09:14 AM

This movie is getting Oscar buzz. :popcorn::bigbow:

KittyKat 11-24-2019 05:35 PM

I just watched the documentary from 2016 on Netflix the other night. It was great and very educational. I didn't know there was a movie out. I just checked and there is a new documentary titled "SHELBY AMERICAN" 2019 under the heading Trending Now. Can't wait to watch it. :popcorn:

Chi-Town 11-24-2019 05:43 PM

Liked Ford vs Ferrari. Could have cut 30 minutes of non action though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Boomer 12-19-2019 01:44 PM

I am north right now and saw it yesterday. We got sidetracked while we were supposed to be finishing up Christmas shopping.

Loved the movie. Lots of racing and beautiful cars, but also really good character development.

Ken Miles was quite an interesting guy. Born to drive those fabulous machines, smart as could be, adored his family, not easy to deal with, especially when it came to corporate dictates. The juxtaposition of Miles' personality to that of the self-serving weasel exec from Ford who tries to sabotoge things makes you root even more for Miles. (Also, Christian Bale sure is a cutie -- hard to believe this is the guy who also played Cheney in the movie Vice)

A whole lot of Vroom Vroom, but I liked that part, too.

Taltarzac725 12-19-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1703142)
I am north right now and saw it yesterday. We got sidetracked while we were supposed to be finishing up Christmas shopping.

Loved the movie. Lots of racing and beautiful cars, but also really good character development.

Ken Miles was quite an interesting guy. Born to drive those fabulous machines, smart as could be, adored his family, not easy to deal with, especially when it came to corporate dictates. The juxtaposition of Miles' personality to that of the self-serving weasel exec from Ford who tries to sabotoge things makes you root even more for Miles. (Also, Christian Bale sure is a cutie -- hard to believe this is the guy who also played Cheney in the movie Vice)

A whole lot of Vroom Vroom, but I liked that part, too.

Good description of the movie.:ho:

GoPacers 12-19-2019 03:43 PM

The documentary 24 Hour War is better IMO. More accurate and the actual original footage is really neat. You should be able to get this on Netflix and/or Amazon.