Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   2019 Ford Edge transmission problems (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/2019-ford-edge-transmission-problems-300103/)

spuds51 11-20-2019 05:55 AM

2019 Ford Edge transmission problems

Has anyone bought a 2019 edge with the 2.0 engine have problems with low speed rough shifting?

ckcapaul 11-20-2019 06:17 AM

Been problems in the past with transmissions, sensors being replaced fixes it. You should be under warranty, have the dealer fix it.

spuds51 11-20-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckcapaul (Post 1696265)
Been problems in the past with transmissions, sensors being replaced fixes it. You should be under warranty, have the dealer fix it.

Yes, I have had it back to the dealer. This is a new transmission that ford came out with in 2019. The 8F35 eight-speed transmission. Been told that there is no service bulletins out at this time. He also said that the best way to get Ford to come out with one is to call the customer service line and complain about it.
What it does is surge and buck at low speeds (10-20 mph). The same problem in the 8F57 transmissions that they were able to fix with new software.
Anyone that has one of these and is experiencing the same problem call the service line to let them know 1-800-392-3673.

retiredguy123 11-20-2019 12:39 PM

I'm not sure if you are saying that your vehicle is still not fixed? If not, I would recommend taking it to Village Ford, not Key Scales. Good luck.

FenneyGuy 11-21-2019 07:44 AM

Try this product from Lucas:

Lucas Tans Fix

retiredguy123 11-21-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenneyGuy (Post 1696431)
Try this product from Lucas:

Lucas Tans Fix

Here is the product description:

"Lucas Transmission Fix is a non-solvent formula that stops slip, hesitation and rough shifting in worn transmissions and completely eliminates most seal leaks. Use in any transmission for preventative maintenance."

As I understand this thread, the OP has a new vehicle that is under warranty. Personally, I would never use a product designed for a "worn" transmission and used to stop seal leaks. I believe these products make the transmission fluid thicker to get more miles from an old transmission. Definitely not for a new vehicle.

FenneyGuy 11-21-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1696437)

"Lucas Transmission Fix is a non-solvent formula that stops slip, hesitation and rough shifting in worn transmissions and completely eliminates most seal leaks. Use in any transmission for preventative maintenance."

As I understand this thread, the OP has a new vehicle that is under warranty. Personally, I would never use a product designed for a "worn" transmission and used to stop seal leaks. I believe these products make the transmission fluid thicker to get more miles from an old transmission. Definitely not for a new vehicle.

You are right. He should go the warranty route.

Jusglenn 11-21-2019 09:17 AM

Just bought a 2019 Ford Edge Titanium... in fact I'm picking it up today... good deal on the 2019 models right now... will keep an eye out for this problem... fingers crossed..

New Englander 11-21-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1696437)

:agree:

FenneyGuy 11-22-2019 06:53 AM

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/upload...8cddad5e5.jpeg

karostay 11-22-2019 07:52 PM

F O R D

F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

BobnBev 11-24-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1696735)
F O R D

F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead

spuds51 11-26-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusglenn (Post 1696457)
Just bought a 2019 Ford Edge Titanium... in fact I'm picking it up today... good deal on the 2019 models right now... will keep an eye out for this problem... fingers crossed..

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner but they had my account locked because of an email change issue. From what I understand, all of the new Fords with this transmission (8F35) have this issue to some degree. I test drove another one that was equipped the same and it didn't do it as bad as mine. Ford has had the same problems with a similar eight-speed transmission (8F57) which they were able to fix with software to reprogram the computer.
If you find that yours does this at low speeds call the service line and open a case (1-800-392-3673). I have been told by the dealership that is the only way to get it fixed. Ford is telling people that it is normal for that model to shift like that. Believe me there is nothing normal about it.
People on here have mentioned warranty, of course it is under warranty I just bought it but they are saying there is nothing out to fix it yet. This is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. The dealership knows there is a problem with these, has told Ford about it, and Ford is telling them to tell customers that it is normal.
Anyway if you got one I wish you luck and I hope they come out with a TSB soon to fiz it.

spuds51 11-26-2019 06:15 AM

yes, aware of this TSB. It was for the 8F57, mine has the 8F35 transmission. Thanks for your reply but this one isn't for mine