Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where to direct unneeded books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-direct-unneeded-books-300111/)

blueeagle65 11-20-2019 12:28 PM

Where to direct unneeded books

Upon cleaning out a bookcase we find ourselves with several books that we no longer need. Some romance novels, how-to books, etc. I'm sure each has someone out there that would like to have it, but - just how to get it to them? Do our libraries accept donations, is there a used book store around here? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

retiredguy123 11-20-2019 12:32 PM

The libraries do accept book donations. Also, there is a used book store in Colony Plaza that may give you store credit for used books, based on their condition and value.

Taltarzac725 11-20-2019 03:26 PM

There are lots of books normal public libraries will not take.

Mark Twain Library might have different parameters though for donations.

It is one of the libraries listed but it is a Villagers' owned library.

Libraries

Carla B 11-20-2019 03:28 PM

The Mark Twain Library, in back of Paradise Rec Center. It exists on donated books, DVDs, magazines, etc.

mysterylover 11-20-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1696335)
The libraries do accept book donations. Also, there is a used book store in Colony Plaza that may give you store credit for used books, based on their condition and value.

Pinellas branch is having a book sale in December. I am going to donate some to them.

retiredguy123 11-21-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1696360)
There are lots of books normal public libraries will not take.

Mark Twain Library might have different parameters though for donations.

It is one of the libraries listed but it is a Villagers' owned library.

Libraries

Just to clarify, your library list appears to be out of date. I don't think there is a Wildwood Public Library on Palmer St, and the phone number is not in service. There is a large Sumter County Library at 7375 Powell Street near Pinellas Plaza. Also, there is a Lake County Library in Fruitland Park at 604 W. Berckman St. that is very convenient to the Pine Ridge and Pine Hills Villages.

redwitch 11-21-2019 11:51 AM

Mark Twain Library is where I take my books. If they can’t use them on their shelves, they’ll either donate them to local retirement homes and the like or leave on a table for patrons to take and keep. Ditto magazines. Donating to Mark Twain is an absolute winner for everyone.