Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Second Slice (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/second-slice-300191/)

daca55 11-23-2019 10:38 PM

Second Slice

Tonight we went to Katie Belles for dinner and a little dancing. We picked this night because one of our favorite bands was playing, Second Slice. We were really disappointed when we found out that Mark Seymour who has been the lead singer and the biggest reason we like that band, not with them anymore. Anyone know what happened? We stayed for a couple of sets but I have to say they really miss Mark. I know he has been playing solo at City Fire but he has always done solos. Sad because I rated Second Slice as one of the best bands in the Villagers.

EdFNJ 11-23-2019 11:57 PM

He announced that he was leaving them at a show a number of months ago at Brownwood. As you mentioned he has appeared a number of times solo at City Fire and a couple times at the squares but haven't seen much of him recently.

If you Google his name (mark seymour summerfield fl) you might also get some answers that may or may not be part of the reason. Second Slice (with mark) was one of our top 3 bands we actually went to listen to.

kathyspear 11-24-2019 12:05 PM

He performs at Cody's (Mulberry Grove) and possibly the Sumter location, as well. I know a lot of people would never set foot in Cody's ...

kathy

daca55 11-24-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1696901)
He announced that he was leaving them at a show a number of months ago at Brownwood. As you mentioned he has appeared a number of times solo at City Fire and a couple times at the squares but haven't seen much of him recently.

If you Google his name (mark seymour summerfield fl) you might also get some answers that may or may not be part of the reason. Second Slice (with mark) was one of our top 3 bands we actually went to listen to.

Thanks for the reply! He is good doing solo but I thought that band with him was one of the best. The band I saw last night without Mark was definitely missing something. No more key board that Mark plays. Sorry to see them break up.

Gpsma 11-24-2019 04:52 PM

And here I thought this was a discussion of pizza

pauld315 11-27-2019 06:03 PM

Mark is performing tonight solo at Katie Belle's

DeanFL 11-27-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 1696999)
And here I thought this was a discussion of pizza

And here I thought this was about the shape of my golf drive on hole #2.

Garywt 11-28-2019 12:56 PM

I thought this thread would be about having a second slice of pie on Thanksgiving or being a golf community about you second slice on the course. Never thought is would be about a band.

ROCKETMAN 12-01-2019 09:34 AM

Wednesday night second slice at Sumter and mark at Spanish springs