Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/happy-thanksgiving-300327/)

Investment Painting Contractors 11-28-2019 07:20 AM

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from Len & Mary, Chris, Eric and the Guys Of Investment Painting Contractors. Thank You for your Patronage. and continued support.

Nucky 11-28-2019 07:24 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to your family from our family Len. Same to ALL the other TOTV'S Posters and the staff that keeps us going during the year! :bigbow:

JimJohnson 11-28-2019 08:59 AM

HTG. Our house is filled with the smell of upcoming feast already. My lady always starts with cooking the deserts first. My favorite smell is the shoulder ham slow cooking. That will start soon. The Turkey will be prepared at a neighbors house this year. I know we’re very close when I smell the famous Granny Lane yeast rolls baking. When we sit down, my dear sweet wife will be standing nearby with a long wooden spoon ready to smack anyone that mentions politics. A moment of thanks and then!!! Enjoy everyone.

BK001 11-28-2019 09:51 AM

I'd like to join the others in wishing y'all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have my turkey stuffed and in the oven. I too love the odors emanating from the kitchen.

Regardless of whether you are cooking, are someone's guest or going out to dine, my wish is that it is a wonderful celebration for you and your family.

Taltarzac725 11-28-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1697815)
I'd like to join the others in wishing y'all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have my turkey stuffed and in the oven. I too love the odors emanating from the kitchen.

Regardless of whether you are cooking, are someone's guest or going out to dine, my wish is that it is a wonderful celebration for you and your family.

I do miss the smell of turkey in the morning. Feels like indigestion, later. :popcorn:

billethkid 11-28-2019 10:29 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Enjoy the text book perfect weather....the reason so many of us are down here.....Syracuse, NY 36 and snowy.....Erie, PA 36 and cloudy....to name a couple from our past!!

Toymeister 11-28-2019 10:36 AM

Menu at Bagram, Afghanistan:

Turkey loaf (actually quite good)
Ham
Candied sweet potatoes
Real mashed potatoes (with flavor)
Gravy that tastes like gravy
Stuffing
Shrimp cocktail
A multitude of deserts
Sparkling Welches grape juice
Egg nog

All in all a feast of flavors rarely tasted at the DFAC (dining facility)

JimJohnson 11-28-2019 11:02 AM

Just got the first whiff of ham.

OlifOlif 11-29-2019 02:44 PM

Could I swap a so-called "pie" that has no sugar? I would rather have one that has a taste to it!

villagercw 11-30-2019 06:00 AM

We wish you a great holiday too. You painted our inside walls and moldings, doors and did a wonderful job.
Will be calling for the outside and pool deck to be done early summer.