Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   T-mobile (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/t-mobile-300358/)

dmorhome 11-29-2019 08:27 AM

T-mobile

Anyone know if t-mobile. Works fine in villages.

ckcapaul 11-29-2019 08:33 AM

When I had it 2 years ago worked most places, but in Woodbury had to be outside stand on one foot and turn just right.

Joe V. 11-29-2019 10:07 AM

We have it. Monarch Grove. Inside the house is spotty. Need to use w-ifi and wi-fii calling to fix the issue. Outside is fine.

retiredguy123 11-29-2019 01:45 PM

Basically, there are 4 cellular networks that cover the entire country: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T. Verizon is the absolute best network by almost every independent review. I don't understand why anyone would use another network, when you can get the Verizon network with a low cost provider.

ladylake1 11-29-2019 03:00 PM

I have had Tmobile for years and have excellent coverage all over the villages.

villager 11-29-2019 03:23 PM

Switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about two years ago. Saved a ton of money each month and service is good. No complaints.

Altavia 11-29-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe V. (Post 1697999)
We have it. Monarch Grove. Inside the house is spotty. Need to use w-ifi and wi-fii calling to fix the issue. Outside is fine.

I get 5 bars in Monarch Grove. The reflective foil insulation used in the homes attenuates the signal inside.

kathyspear 11-29-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylake1 (Post 1698062)
I have had Tmobile for years and have excellent coverage all over the villages.

And for people who travel overseas, Tmobile is great. In a zillion countries we get free data and text and very inexpensive calls. We pay $60 per month including taxes for two of us (55+ plan).

kathy

bagboy 11-29-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1698096)
And for people who travel overseas, Tmobile is great. In a zillion countries we get free data and text and very inexpensive calls. We pay $60 per month including taxes for two of us (55+ plan).

kathy

We pay the same thing. We have been customers of T-Mobile for 17 years, dating back to Suncom in South Carolina. We didn't have great reception inside the house in certain areas, so they gave us a cell spot to plug into our router. We have great coverage at home, and we have had good service while traveling everywhere.

Vostok 11-30-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1698096)

kathy

I agree..As I sit here in London visiting our daughter, tmobile is awesome. Text,data and low cost voice without any increase in cost. same thing in Germany France even St Pete Russia Awesome. And it works great in our home in Pennecamp. 60 per month/2 people/all you can eat/taxes included/......and it works.

Minoletti 11-30-2019 07:07 AM

We have tmobile, senior plans, 30 dollars each unlimited everything. works great, no dropped calls. Didnt purhase wifi as I use the phone as my hotspot, good speed too.

BettyT 11-30-2019 07:50 AM

No it doesn't!

biker1 11-30-2019 07:56 AM

The T-Mobile network is fine in The Villages. Some people have issues inside their home - enabling Wi-Fi calling will address that issue. The lowest cost way to get T-Mobile is through Mint Mobile (a prepaid MVNO): $15 per month for unlimited voice and text, and 3 GBytes of data per month. Higher data usage plans are available. You can add $$s to your account for overseas roaming or just find a Wi-Fi zone and calls work flawlessly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmorhome (Post 1697951)
Anyone know if t-mobile. Works fine in villages.

Rstoeffler1 11-30-2019 10:19 AM

T Mobile

We switched to T Mobile about 8 mos ago from ATT. Couldn’t get service from ATT in our new home in Lake Deaten and didn’t have internet for WiFi calling so we switched to T Mobile. They let us take home phones to use for a month before we had to commit. They also gave us two boosters to use in our home and all works great! Love the service and the price!

Villagesgal 11-30-2019 11:50 AM

I have T mobile in Belle Aire and it's fine, 2 bars, but no problem. Love it for overseas and crossed US with it and no problems.