Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website Support and Testing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/)
-   -   Postings Disappearing Too Quickly (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/postings-disappearing-too-quickly-300521/)

jimnc 12-04-2019 05:30 PM

Postings Disappearing Too Quickly

Can you explain what has changed? Today I responded to a new post and when I looked to be sure my posting took there was nothing there. If I do a search I find the original post along with my response, but only using the search feature. Postings are dropping so quickly that only a few get a chance to read and respond.

CWGUY 12-04-2019 05:39 PM

I don't understand it either! Why did they fix something that was not broken? IMHO this is NOT an improvement! :ohdear:

villagetinker 12-04-2019 07:18 PM

I agree also, the previous way the site operated was just fine, I now find 100+ topics that I have no interest in listed, this was NOT an improvement!

Carla B 12-04-2019 09:30 PM

Agree with the above. What was wrong with the way it was before?

Boomer 12-04-2019 09:30 PM

It’s weird. I have posted twice tonight and then went to “New Posts” and could not find my posts. (I have a bad habit of proofreading after I hit ‘submit’ so I click on “New Posts” immediately.)

But neither post showed, though they showed on my profile page. Just when I was beginning to think, “Why bother to post,” I clicked on “Today’s Posts” and my posts were there. Never have shown up under “New Posts.”

Weird. And might be losing some readers who look only under “New Posts” which is what I usually do. I thought last week hardly anybody was posting.

Velvet 12-04-2019 09:40 PM

I noticed that too and posted 3 times the same thing, then had to delete 2 of them.

John_W 12-04-2019 09:52 PM

That's been going on for at least a week. They'll appear under new posts in about half an hour, or leave the site and come back in a few minutes. Another way to see them quicker without leaving is go to your profile page, look under statistics and then click on find your posts and you'll see them.

Kenswing 12-04-2019 10:09 PM

Be happy. At least we have a "Thanks" button.. :1rotfl:

billethkid 12-04-2019 10:52 PM

Sorta been expecting a response from a moderator....as they have in the past when issues/problems are experienced.

JimJohnson 12-05-2019 04:32 AM

I have not seen any change at all. You may try rebooting your computer.

karostay 12-05-2019 07:00 AM

Judge Dread is watching everyone

dewilson58 12-05-2019 07:39 AM

Your "new" post is in Today's Post.

RosemarySoso 12-05-2019 08:58 AM

I know you need advertisers, but as a relatively new TOTV user, I find it difficult to locate topics that are highlighted because of all the inserted ads.

OrangeBlossomBaby 12-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosemarySoso (Post 1699392)
I know you need advertisers, but as a relatively new TOTV user, I find it difficult to locate topics that are highlighted because of all the inserted ads.

If you don't want to see the ads, just use an ad blocker. I personally use Ublock, and there's AdBlock, Adblock +, Google comes with its own, so does Windows Defender and pretty much every antivirus program.

There's no reason for anyone who uses the internet to see ads, if they don't want to. They even make these programs for cell phones and other devices besides desktop computers.

graciegirl 12-05-2019 09:21 AM

I thought I had posted a thread about a rabid racoon near Oxford. I think that is how I labeled it. It disappeared. Poof.