Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Christmas Dinner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/christmas-dinner-300525/)

DimondAngels 12-04-2019 07:33 PM

Christmas Dinner

Does anyone know of any local restaurants that will be open on Christmas Day?

asianthree 12-04-2019 07:40 PM

Our kids always eat Chinese between breakfast and dinner on Christmas Day, no matter what state they are in. So maybe Asian if you are not a traditional family

TommyT 12-04-2019 08:42 PM

I hope Not !!!

I hope EVERY business is closed on Christmas Day and the employees are home with their families...

TomOB 12-05-2019 10:51 AM

We eat at Tony's Sushi for Christmas every year.

TomOB 12-05-2019 10:56 AM

Go to The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Search Engine and under pull down 4a click open for Christmas. There is a whole list.

graciegirl 12-05-2019 11:01 AM

If nothing is open, here is a quick and easy and very yummy way to fix your own Christmas dinner. Go to Publix and get a two pound or more chuck roast. Place it in a pan (Dutch oven) with a tight lid, but first add a cup of water and sprinkle a package of dried Lipton's onion soup. Put it in oven at 325 for four hours or a little more. (Until the house smells delicious and it is very tender) Also at Publix purchase Bob Evans mashed potatoes and a frozen vegetable with sauce you like and some Sister Schuler's Yeast rolls and some REAL butter. A jar of canned chicken gravy can be easily heated and put on the potatoes. You might also enjoy a baking a Mrs. Smith frozen pie. (Their pumpkin pies are awesome) Break out a nice bottle of something good. Merry Christmas.

The leftover roast is great in Sandwiches.

JoMar 12-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1699284)
I hope EVERY business is closed on Christmas Day and the employees are home with their families...

Well there's no profit in that :)

Aloha1 12-13-2019 03:05 PM

TooJay's is open as are most Asian restaurants here. We'll have our traditional Jewish Christmas dinner at one of them! :)

600th Photo Sq 12-13-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1699284)

Why the " Capitol Letters " now some businesses are open and always ask for volunteers who want to work for triple $$ over time.

Which I have had done part-time so why question the business when it is all down to personal choice.

It is after all down to " personal choice " .....No caps. :icon_wink::icon_wink::shocked: