Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Need Stuff Hauled Away (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/need-stuff-hauled-away-300597/)

sjd7767 12-07-2019 10:16 AM

Need Stuff Hauled Away

Hello,

I need a few bulky things hauled away. Can anyone recommend someone who would do this reasonably? The rates I've been quoted are ridiculous. One 7' leather couch in very good condition. A reclining chair in so-so condition. A third row seat form a mini-van - useless. I was quoted $225 just to take the couch. Thanks in advance.

PS Habitat for Humanity can not pick up until the 27th. I need this stuff gone now.

bagboy 12-07-2019 10:23 AM

Sanitation Information

You can call and arrange for free bulk pick up. Only downside is they may not act as fast as you would like. But again, it's free.

TommyT 12-07-2019 10:44 AM

Place the items at the end of your driveway with a very large "FREE" sign on each. You will be surprised how quickly they will be gone.

I've done this and it surprised me... :coolsmiley:

sjd7767 12-07-2019 10:58 AM

Thanks bagboy, I will call them and see. I'm trying to post a picture of the couch in case someone wants it. I don't know the brand but my ex-wife bought it so it was more than likely expensive. She never went cheap on anything , trust me LOL Now how do I post a pic ?

Dan9871 12-07-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjd7767 (Post 1699928)
Hello,

I need a few bulky things hauled away. Can anyone recommend someone who would do this reasonably? The rates I've been quoted are ridiculous. One 7' leather couch in very good condition. A reclining chair in so-so condition. A third row seat form a mini-van - useless. I was quoted $225 just to take the couch. Thanks in advance.

PS Habitat for Humanity can not pick up until the 27th. I need this stuff gone now.

Call Combat Veterans to Careers in Wildwood for the furniture. 353-775-4008. It's a local organization that helps veterans in the area.

Combat Veterans to Careers

kathyspear 12-07-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjd7767 (Post 1699942)
Thanks bagboy, I will call them and see. I'm trying to post a picture of the couch in case someone wants it. I don't know the brand but my ex-wife bought it so it was more than likely expensive. She never went cheap on anything , trust me LOL Now how do I post a pic ?

If you can take a picture of it you can post it on Craigslist -- craigslist: ocala, FL jobs, apartments, for sale, services, community, and events -- under For Sale/FREE) and you should get lots of takers.

kathy

SuperJ 12-08-2019 09:30 AM

You should donate them to a charitable organization. Like the salvation army. They will come and take it for free 😎

OhioBuckeye 12-08-2019 10:23 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjd7767 (Post 1699928)
Hello,

I get some negitive comments about how expense to get certain things done. Like when I say the services in TV, to me take advantage of the seniors. Just because some of us are to old the services in TV know that & they'll pay anything to get it done or have to get it done or fixed. Not everybody is rich like some people & can afford to pay whatever they ask. Remember some people are on a fixed incomes & have been retired for a lot of years. This is just my opinion. I retired in 2007 & I never ever got a raise, I got the same going rate for the times! Sorry, if someone doesn't agree but I'm one of those people that just make ends meet.

OhioBuckeye 12-08-2019 10:31 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1699940)
Place the items at the end of your driveway with a very large "FREE" sign on each. You will be surprised how quickly they will be gone.

I've done this and it surprised me... :coolsmiley:

You're exactly right Tommy! I place a little color TV at the end of our drive & some lady got it before I got to the door of the house & she yelled, THAN YOU! I'm serious:coolsmiley:

Carla B 12-08-2019 10:45 AM

My husband had a load of used bricks left over from a construction project and put them out by the curb (not here) with a sign that said "FREE." Nobody took any of them. He then put a new sign out, "BRICKS, 5 Cents Each." By the next morning someone had stolen all of them.

egiessler 12-09-2019 08:55 AM

The company that picks up our trash will take away bulky items by appointment as part of the service you pay for. Their phone number is 352-748-0109. We just had a 4 piece wicker furniture set taken away at no charge. Most people don't know of this service. You must tell them exactly what you will put out by the curb. The drivers can't go on our property, so it has to be curbside. They will only pick up what is on the list that you give them over the phone. They will tell you what date/day to put it at the curb. It must be there NLT 6 am.
Who says there are no bargains in the Villages.
BTW, both times we've used the service someone took the stuff before they came!!

OhioBuckeye 12-09-2019 09:59 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 1700164)
My husband had a load of used bricks left over from a construction project and put them out by the curb (not here) with a sign that said "FREE." Nobody took any of them. He then put a new sign out, "BRICKS, 5 Cents Each." By the next morning someone had stolen all of them.

That’s a good one Carla! I guess it just goes to show you, you have every walks of life, even in TV.

GilRose556 12-09-2019 12:54 PM

If you still need help moving things let me know. Gil 989-889-4660