Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Need golf cart battery installed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/need-golf-cart-battery-installed-300614/)

Rosalee 12-07-2019 04:24 PM

Need golf cart battery installed

Need recommendation for having gas golf cart battery installed for a reasonable price. Thanks.

N44125 12-07-2019 04:37 PM

If you purchase at Walmart, they’ll install for free. They only do gas carts.

villagetinker 12-07-2019 04:44 PM

This is a very easy job if you have a gas cart, a little more interesting for an electric cart. hacve have seen previous post that battery boys are very good. Do a search on this site for more info.

CWGUY 12-07-2019 09:48 PM

///

biker1 12-08-2019 03:17 AM

The Villages Golf Cart stores will install a new battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosalee (Post 1700023)
Need recommendation for having gas golf cart battery installed for a reasonable price. Thanks.

Paper1 12-11-2019 08:58 PM

I just purchased a battery from dealer in Brownwood, $100 with exchange, fair price I believe. As I was leaving service manager told me warrenty would be void unless they installed it. I told him he could keep his warrenty. Very simple install in gas cart.

tophcfa 12-11-2019 11:42 PM

Changing the direction of the thread a little bit, both our gas carts are getting close to being due for new batteries. Install is not an issue, very easy. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of where I can get good batteries at a reasonable price. I know Walmart has good prices and there are only 2 or 3 battery manufactures, so it's kind of a wast of time to shop around too much looking for a good value. Recommendation would be appreciated.

PoolBrews 12-12-2019 08:17 AM

Any automotive battery will work in a golf cart - you just need to get the right battery. Look at CCA (Cold cranking amps) and post configuration - different batteries have positive and negative in slightly different locations. If you take a pic of the model number on your current battery, they can match it up with what they carry.

I got mine at Advance Auto. They didn't have the $69 battery in my config (positive and negative terminals were on the opposite sides I needed them). I went with their $99 battery. No issues.

Fredster 12-12-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1701012)
Changing the direction of the thread a little bit, both our gas carts are getting close to being due for new batteries. Install is not an issue, very easy. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of where I can get good batteries at a reasonable price. I know Walmart has good prices and there are only 2 or 3 battery manufactures, so it's kind of a wast of time to shop around too much looking for a good value. Recommendation would be appreciated.

Rural King has correct battery for Yamaha gas cart,
the price was between $50-$60.
That was after exchange.

John_W 12-12-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredster (Post 1701079)
Rural King has correct battery for Yamaha gas cart,
the price was between $50-$60.
That was after exchange.

I heard Rural King had the best prices, I was checking their website and they really don't decipher which ones are in stock at the Leesburg store, and if you look up golf cart battery they only show 6 volt. Which one did you get?

That reminds when I owned a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, which I bought in Winter Haven, and I had Jenkins of Ocala do my regular maintenance. I asked them how much a new battery would cost, they said $175. I found exactly like I needed at Walmart for $100 installed free.

KennyP 12-12-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1701118)
I heard Rural King had the best prices, I was checking their website and they really don't decipher which ones are in stock at the Leesburg store, and if you look up golf cart battery they only show 6 volt. Which one did you get?

That reminds when I owned a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, which I bought in Winter Haven, and I had Jenkins of Ocala do my regular maintenance. I asked them how much a new battery would cost, they said $175. I found exactly like I needed at Walmart for $100 installed free.

The issue become quality of the product.
Search hard enough you can find a battery that fits for 35 bucks. Its not all about price, but I realize many think that way. Id rather pay more and get a higher quality product or service.

bilcon 12-12-2019 04:20 PM

Battery Boys. Very good, knowledgable and competitive prices. I have used them twice now.

ckcapaul 12-12-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyP (Post 1701124)
Search hard enough you can find a battery that fits for 35 bucks. Its not all about price, but I realize many think that way. Id rather pay more and get a higher quality product or service.

You get what you pay for to a point.

Fredster 12-12-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1701118)

Battery for a Yamaha gas cart is standard group 24

Fredster 12-12-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyP (Post 1701124)

I have two Yamaha gas carts and earlier this year I installed the Rural King group 24 in one cart myself,
cost was about $54 total.

I had Walmart install their best group 24* in my other cart,
the total installed cost was about $130.
*3 year full replacement, balance prorated.

So over time I should be able to see which
performs better.