Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Signs in the truck window. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/signs-truck-window-300616/)

Doc Akron 12-07-2019 05:07 PM

Signs in the truck window.

I’ve been coming to the Villages for over 20 years. Over the past few years, more folks have been putting politics in my face than ever. Today, I saw a pick-up backed up in a driveway with a Trump/Pence yard sign in its front window. Freedom of expression is fine, but have some decorum.

Bogie Shooter 12-07-2019 05:10 PM

Oh, the things I could say...…………………...

vintageogauge 12-07-2019 05:41 PM

Politics in general has been in everyones face for the last 3 years. There is a lot more passion than ever before on both sides so don't let it bother you whichever side you're on, this round will be over in less than 11 months and then we'll see what happens.

OrangeBlossomBaby 12-07-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Akron (Post 1700035)
I’ve been coming to the Villages for over 20 years. Over the past few years, more folks have been putting politics in my face than ever. Today, I saw a pick-up backed up in a driveway with a Trump/Pence yard sign in its front window. Freedom of expression is fine, but have some decorum.

There's a lot of that with golf carts around the town squares. They park the cart to face the sidewalk, and everyone walking by sees these trump/pence signs covering the wind shield of the cart.

Political signs are unsightly, and rather UNfriendly (ironic, don't you think?). But hey if being intentionally unslightly and unfriendly is what makes these people happy, who am I to stop them? As long as they don't mind me criticizing their intentional unsightliness and unfriendliness, it's all good.

alwann 12-07-2019 06:08 PM

Signs

Pity the people who decide based on reading a sign.
Pity the people who are judged for displaying a sign.
Pity the people.

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Kenswing 12-07-2019 06:14 PM

Great first post. Welcome to TOTV. You'll fit right in.. :1rotfl:

Marathon Man 12-07-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1700044)
Pity the people who decide based on reading a sign.
Pity the people who are judged for displaying a sign.
Pity the people.

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Well, at least we have the beer.

billethkid 12-07-2019 06:16 PM

Really??!!??
Political signs have been more than prevalent FOREVER.
And by both parties.

Now they are a big deal.....so now they are a big deal???

No they were not and still are not!!

graciegirl 12-07-2019 06:33 PM

Well we all know how you feel about each side...……...

kcrazorbackfan 12-07-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Akron (Post 1700035)

How about stopping at their house and tell them just what you think?

Hate to point this out but, their driveway, their truck, their rules.

Two Bills 12-07-2019 07:05 PM

Can't see the point in wasting ink on signs.
60% have made up their minds, and will vote as they have always voted.
30% wont bother to vote at all.
The remaining 10% will decide the result, based on who is giving the most away!

rustyp 12-07-2019 07:59 PM

Where will the mason dixon line be ? Let me guess Rt 466 or 466A.

anothersteve 12-07-2019 08:37 PM

This thread is not going to end well
Steve

John_W 12-07-2019 09:05 PM

I can't believe the OP is miffed by one sign in a truck in the owner's driveway, they must not drive a golf cart in TV. In 2016 I think 1/3 to half of all carts had a sign in the windshield, I don't need to tell you who's name was on the sign. They even had golf cart parades of several hundred carts at LSL all with signs. Now 3 years later someone is posting about one sign in a truck in a driveway. Wait until next year.