Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Too much Christmas decorations? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/too-much-christmas-decorations-300644/)

charmed59 12-08-2019 04:29 PM

Too much Christmas decorations?

Recently our village decorated our entrance gate for Christmas. We were contacted by Community Standards, and told by the Director of Property Management that it was too much, and we had to remove some of the decorations. He did admit it was not a site line/safety issue, just too many ornaments.

Is this new this year? Does anyone know where I could find the guidelines for decorating village entrances?

CWGUY 12-08-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 1700245)
Recently our village decorated our entrance gate for Christmas. We were contacted by Community Standards, and told by the Director of Property Management that it was too much, and we had to remove some of the decorations. He did admit it was not a site line/safety issue, just too many ornaments.

Is this new this year? Does anyone know where I could find the guidelines for decorating village entrances?

:ho: From the District web site under DISTRICT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT - DEPARTMENT FAQ - Page 4

General Questions
 Can we hang holiday decorations at our village entrance?
Yes, please call District Property Management for requirements & design approval. (352)753-

karostay 12-08-2019 06:59 PM

:shrug: Bahhh Hum Bug

Nucky 12-08-2019 07:04 PM

We just got back from a beautiful ride to the Dunkirk area. One lonely house on that street continued on the tradition and it was really appreciated by our little family in the years when the Grandchildren were visiting.

We admire the residents of the Dunkirk are who brought us all that good stuff and great feelings for longer than the three-plus years we've been here.

To the OP, too many decorations with no safety problems involved? Come on Jack!

karostay 12-08-2019 07:09 PM

Wish they would drive around and site the Charley Brown houses few of those around

Garywt 12-08-2019 07:15 PM

You can’t over do Christmas.

Chi-Town 12-08-2019 11:02 PM

2019 HOLIDAY DECORATION POLICY

OVERVIEW: The District will allow the Gate Houses and Village/Villa

entry sign walls to be decorated by resident groups. This excludes postal

stations. Residents must submit a design to District Property Management,

1071 Canal Street, prior to installation. Once approval has been given,

decorations can be installed no earlier than December 1, 2019.

Specifications for Village/Villa Entry Wall Decorations:

 Green garland, green wreaths (maximum 3’ in width, not to obscure

sign wall lettering) and red bows are acceptable decorations.

 Only wire, rope or cord can be used to display holiday decorations

from entry walls.

 No nails, screws, tape or any other material that would break, peel or

penetrate the surface, lights (electric or battery), statues or colored ribbon

other than red are permitted.

charmed59 12-09-2019 06:50 AM

Just green garlands with red bows? No ornaments? That director is going to be busy this season... and wait until he see St. Charles.....

dewilson58 12-09-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Your answer is within.

grandofgirls 12-09-2019 07:33 AM

I think they are beautiful.

Annie66 12-09-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

- Maybe I'm too new to TOTV, but I am unable to determine what village gate you are speaking about. I'd like to go see what is so objectionable to the powers at be.

DReifinger 12-09-2019 08:11 AM

I think those huge flags (like they have at businesses) stuck in the ground are just not attractive.

CWGUY 12-09-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandofgirls (Post 1700313)
I think they are beautiful.

:confused: What do you think is beautiful? Do you happen to know which village gate area the OP referenced?

Dmsmiller 12-09-2019 08:43 AM

Last year we bought decorations for DeSoto’s entry gate, And when I sent the pics for approval, we we were denied Because of silver garland. So instead I decorated the porta-potty that sat on the neighbors’ empty lot next door, inches from our property line. Workers and other passers-by loved it. It made more of an impression than the decorated gate would have!

Villageswimmer 12-09-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DReifinger (Post 1700322)
I think those huge flags (like they have at businesses) stuck in the ground are just not attractive.

Agree. Not Christmas-y. Look like advertisements for something. Too commercialized.