Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Villages Daily Sun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/villages-daily-sun-300688/)

CFrance 12-09-2019 11:16 PM

Villages Daily Sun

I've been all over Google trying to find a way to sign up for Daily Sun home delivery. There doesn't appear to be a way to do it online. Am I missing a link somewhere, or do I have to call it in?

mtdjed 12-09-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1700543)
I've been all over Google trying to find a way to sign up for Daily Sun home delivery. There doesn't appear to be a way to do it online. Am I missing a link somewhere, or do I have to call it in?

So what is wrong with a call?

Contact Us
The Villages Daily Sun
1100 Main Street
The Villages, FL 32159
Main: 352-753-1119
Circulation: 352-751-7964

smurphy 12-10-2019 12:17 AM

They are a very low tech organization but very nice on the phone. Call them and ask for the circulation dept for subscriptions, vacation holds, etc.

Arctic Fox 12-10-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1700543)

circulation@thevillagesmedia.com

circulation.dailysun@thevillagesmedia.com

CFrance 12-10-2019 08:55 AM

So I'm guessing the answer is no, you can't subscribe online? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something when on their web site. Arctic Fox, those are email addresses, but thank you anyway. I had found those.

Spelling our name is difficult over the phone. Plus having to call each time we travel just adds one more chore to the list of things to do. I thought maybe this could be done online and I was not finding a link.

Thanks all.

graciegirl 12-10-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurphy (Post 1700548)
They are a very low tech organization but very nice on the phone. Call them and ask for the circulation dept for subscriptions, vacation holds, etc.

I was thinking how to say just that.

And they really do vacation holds etc. well. AND

So sweet to talk to.

Cgunn 12-11-2019 06:47 AM

call the subscription desk 3527517964

sherrlb1 12-11-2019 07:57 AM

Calling very quick and easy. Call the sun and ask for circulation. Very personable employees and service. From a sunbird.

skyking 12-11-2019 09:52 AM

Believe me, a call to their circulation department is much quicker than signing on to a website and they never get it wrong. (as opposed to Gannett)

Tom53 12-11-2019 11:27 AM

Going forward, if you want to temporarily suspend delivery, you can send an email to "circulation.dailysun@thevillagesmedia.com", with your name, address, village, and dates for suspension. It works perfectly for me, just send it a couple of days prior to the requested days.

Silver Streak 12-11-2019 06:26 PM

I went to their site thinking maybe I could sign up for an online-only subscription for now, since we'll be away a fair bit over the next 2-3 months but I'd like to keep up with things. Been so busy settling in, I hadn't really explored their site before today. I thought someone had said there was a way to do that, but I don't think so... BUT anyone can apparently read the whole paper online--no login required. So I happily bookmarked the site and will check back frequently until we're permanent enough to start actual paper delivery. Very pleased to discover this, so wanted to share in case others weren't aware.

valuemkt 12-11-2019 07:59 PM

The circulation department is friendly and efficient.. For the time spent searching online and posting, it could have been done 5 times.. We try to have our kids and grandkids use the phone instead of texting etc .. perhaps you forgot how as well ??

CFrance 12-11-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom53 (Post 1700888)
Going forward, if you want to temporarily suspend delivery, you can send an email to "circulation.dailysun@thevillagesmedia.com", with your name, address, village, and dates for suspension. It works perfectly for me, just send it a couple of days prior to the requested days.

Thanks! That's what I needed to hear.

Deebee007 12-13-2019 08:58 AM

Nice kind reply. Thank you

justjim 12-13-2019 09:36 AM

Daily Sun Digital Papef

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrendaHB (Post 1700962)
I went to their site thinking maybe I could sign up for an online-only subscription for now, since we'll be away a fair bit over the next 2-3 months but I'd like to keep up with things. Been so busy settling in, I hadn't really explored their site before today. I thought someone had said there was a way to do that, but I don't think so... BUT anyone can apparently read the whole paper online--no login required. So I happily bookmarked the site and will check back frequently until we're permanent enough to start actual paper delivery. Very pleased to discover this, so wanted to share in case others weren't aware.

The Daily Sun Digital Paper leaves a lot to be desired (disappointing) IMHO. I get the Daily Sun digital paper while away from TV - just don’t expect to get an entire Daily Sun newspaper. The other “no name” digital paper is a good alternative for news from the area, however, I pretty much ignore the comments allowed on the “no name” site because the comments are rude and juvenile and rarely monitored.