Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   To The Rude Man With His Middle Finger Sticking Up (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rude-man-his-middle-finger-sticking-up-300756/)

GeoGeo 12-12-2019 08:56 AM

To The Rude Man With His Middle Finger Sticking Up

We were in a parking lot in The Villages the other day. My husband pulled out slightly and hesitated because he wasn't sure if he was going the right way to get to the road leading to a red light. Here comes a golf cart zipping along and instead of waiting a second whipped around his and gave my husband the finger. Funny thing is earlier in our shopping trip I had told my husband that everyone is extra nice at Christmas time. I guess that man did not get that memo. Anyway, we caught up with the golf cart and was going to apologize to the man, but he quickly turned off when I rolled my window down. I hope you read this that you know we wanted to apologize for any incovenience we caused you.

LI SNOWBIRD 12-12-2019 09:02 AM

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra

Nucky 12-12-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoGeo (Post 1701052)
We were in a parking lot in The Villages the other day. My husband pulled out slightly and hesitated because he wasn't sure if he was going the right way to get to the road leading to a red light. Here comes a golf cart zipping along and instead of waiting a second whipped around his and gave my husband the finger. Funny thing is earlier in our shopping trip I had told my husband that everyone is extra nice at Christmas time. I guess that man did not get that memo. Anyway, we caught up with the golf cart and was going to apologize to the man, but he quickly turned off when I rolled my window down. I hope you read this that you know we wanted to apologize for any incovenience we caused you.

Good for you. You can't control the other person. Everyone makes an error here and there and you turned out to be the one who by example showed some Holiday Spirit. Giving the finger is High Schoolish. There is a chance that the finger flipper probably couldn't read your post anyway. Your intentions were good. :pray: :bigbow:

Topspinmo 12-12-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoGeo (Post 1701052)

Best not to confront Them, ( holding back my true feelings and words for offender)

Two Bills 12-12-2019 10:22 AM

When I am driving real carefull, and 10-15 mph. below speed limit, cars pass, give me a long toot, and wave to say I am the number one driver.
I always smile back and give them a Hi! :icon_wink:

Polar Bear 12-12-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1701076)
When I am driving real carefull, and 10-15 mph. below speed limit, cars pass, give me a long toot, and wave to say I am the number one driver.
I always smile back and give them a Hi! :icon_wink:

I’m not defending the tooters, but depending on where you’re driving 10-15 mph below the speed limit, you may not be entirely without blame.

graciegirl 12-12-2019 11:19 AM

I side with the people whose feelings are hurt or who are annoyed by someone showing their impatience.

Yesterday my husband dropped me off right in front of Publix (He paused just long enough for me to dismount) and I got out as quickly as my quickly is these days and some woman tooted at him. I quickly walked so she could see me and waved and quickly blew her a kiss.

Where I was raised you kept your patience better than that. It all goes in a pot to be saved for when you may need it. We all do things that are annoying. Some of us are far more annoying than others and probably don't even know it. We never know what others are dealing with.

billethkid 12-12-2019 12:03 PM

I refer to the bird flippers as displaying their age!!

NotGolfer 12-12-2019 01:12 PM

The other day I was on El Camino Real approaching the round about at Morse. A fairly young-ish woman in a cute little red convertible was in front of me. She stopped and tried to wave the golf carts onward. Mind you traffic was dense both in the streets and cart-paths. The driver of the golf cart tried to tell her she needed to onward. Instead she began to back up!!!! YIKES! I'm right there, so I tooted the horn. Her response was the one finger salute THEN she sped out! Both the cart driver and I just shook our heads. THAT kind of behavior isn't classy nor what I'd deem "lady-like"!! I hate when both guys and gals do it as it just doesn't show class---well maybe it does, but it's lower. What that lady doesn't know is motioning golf carts to go is breaking the law and in many instances could be a deadly accident.

Chatbrat 12-12-2019 01:51 PM

No finger salutes or horn toots, you mite have the bad luck of meeting up with a real"nut", and you don't want to defend your life and or the lives of your loved ones, this is Fl and firearms in cars are common place, remember the shooting incident a few years ago on466 , near Rolling acres--when a car agravated a biker

b0bd0herty 12-12-2019 01:54 PM

I see people being dropped off all the time and have no issue with that. I do however, have concerns about why those folks don't use their turn signals or flashers to show that they are stopped and/or pulled over?
Driver's Ed (in day's gone bye but, it's still true) taught that signals were to let other people know what what going on and alert them to the driver's intention. Nowadays it's, "I'm in the middle of a turn, better put my signal on."
Somehow, a lot of folks have forgotten about the rules of the road and what the "right of way."

dewilson58 12-12-2019 01:56 PM

Oh Well.

Nucky 12-12-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1701112)
I refer to the bird flippers as displaying their age!!

Or Their I.Q. :mademyday:

Or the number of something worse. I'd be banned for two lifetimes. :1rotfl::1rotfl:

dewilson58 12-12-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1701155)
Or Their I.Q. :mademyday:

Or the number of something worse. I'd be banned for two lifetimes. :1rotfl::1rotfl:

Changed my mind...............self mod.

Michael Charles 12-12-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bd0herty (Post 1701144)
I see people being dropped off all the time and have no issue with that. I do however, have concerns about why those folks don't use their turn signals or flashers to show that they are stopped and/or pulled over?
Driver's Ed (in day's gone bye but, it's still true) taught that signals were to let other people know what what going on and alert them to the driver's intention. Nowadays it's, "I'm in the middle of a turn, better put my signal on."
Somehow, a lot of folks have forgotten about the rules of the road and what the "right of way."

I also don't have an issue with anyone dropping off or picking up someone who obviously has a difficult time maneuvering themselves around. I do however have an opinion about those that park along the curbside just waiting for that person to come out. I say that bothers me because when cars approaching from both directions one having to go around the one sitting alongside the curb is unsafe. They are creating a potential situation that could easily be avoided by simply parking in a space then having the person in the store call on the phone to say "I'm ready, come pick me up" At Publix that could be avoided by allowing the person bagging your groceries to take your cart outside to your waiting car (waiting in a parking space) Please think of others safety. Please don't park on the curb just to get your lottery tickets etc. "Oh, it's only for a minute, get over it" I just love that comment! Last thing, please slow down driving up and down the parking lot aisles and along the front of the stores. In Clearwater where I used to live there were speed bumps along the fronts of the stores in many strip plazas. Happy New Year!