Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Green Fees Explode (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/green-fees-explode-300831/)

refeik 12-14-2019 09:28 PM

Green Fees Explode

The greed has exploded. Green fees at the championship courses increasing beyond any thing we could imagine. I am finished !!

Rapscallion St Croix 12-14-2019 09:30 PM

Phase II will be gridlocked executive courses.

anothersteve 12-14-2019 09:41 PM

And away we go!!!

Again

Steve

CWGUY 12-14-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1701779)
And away we go!!!

Again

Steve

:icon_wink: No! He's finished..... I read it. :popcorn:

Northwoods 12-14-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refeik (Post 1701777)
The greed has exploded. Green fees at the championship courses increasing beyond any thing we could imagine. I am finished !!

:popcorn:

CWGUY 12-14-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...highlight=fees

:) Thread from last week. It explains alot and has much better info.than "the other site" which calls itself a :1rotfl: news site. Click bait site that hates anything Villages is more like it. They just posted a story on Villages Golf Cost tonight......I hope that's not where you got your misinformation. :ohdear: I don't mind when they make themselves look foolish..... but don't care for it when it happens to fellow Villagers who believe their rubbish and then repeats it. :ho:

tophcfa 12-14-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1701778)
Phase II will be gridlocked executive courses.

And Phase III will be when they start a priority membership for the executives (besides the trail fees).

ColdNoMore 12-14-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1701793)
And Phase III will be when they start a priority membership for the executives (besides the trail fees).

I think you nailed it. :thumbup:

It's just a matter of how many more years it will take them...to do exactly that. :ohdear:

I'm guessing it will happen in 2021.

CWGUY 12-15-2019 12:07 AM

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

rustyp 12-15-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1701793)

Yes but not to confuse it with the championship courses they will call it VIP golf.

graciegirl 12-15-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Are you moving? The price at restaurants have gone up too. AND at Publix. I paid twenty bucks yesterday for a chuck roast that I would have paid ten for ten years ago.

If you are "finished", does that mean you will play golf somewhere else? I have stopped playing but my husband still enjoys having so many 18 hole courses within driving range of his golf cart. It will be hard to find a place this wonderful somewhere else.

I am eighty as of last month and can't remember ever when prices went down.

ureout 12-15-2019 07:32 AM

the was a change in the rate schedule last year.. we went from 3 seasons of rate changes to 2

we used to have winter rates which were always the highest then summer rates which were the lowest and then fall rates... this year we had the same rate from may to end of dec. and I actually thought it balanced out if you play all year ...

so actually the rate increase for winter compared only to last years WINTER rates was minimal

they have yet to post what the upcoming may to dec rates are for 2020

ladybugsmom 12-15-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Agree! So how do we approach/fight this?....

bilcon 12-15-2019 08:06 AM

:blahblahblah::blahblahblah::blahblahblah:I thought we beat this topic to death last week. They didn't 't go up that much. Most courses $5 (5 courses), a few $8 (3 courses) and 3 other courses $2 increase for priority members. Palmer stayed the same. A fact of life, unfortunately. Think of all the rainy days this summer when they had no income. (No I don't work for The Villages) I just enjoy playing golf at a variety of courses. I never joined a country club, because I would get bored constantly playing the same course .

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia".

Bay Kid 12-15-2019 08:07 AM

Sorry golf is now unaffordable for some. It takes a ton of money to run a golf course, tons. I am glad to have them available, beautiful and ready to play whenever I am ready to play.