Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   costco? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/costco-300885/)

ldj1938 12-16-2019 04:45 PM

costco?

Has anyone noticed the paint theme of the big new store across from the Lady Lake police station, behind the new restaurant, is painted in the theme of a Costco? Beige with red trim?? That would great if it is...:pray::welcome::mademyday:

NeilV1 12-16-2019 04:50 PM

I believe it is an Earth Fare grocery store.

JSR22 12-16-2019 05:05 PM

Agree

[Q
UOTE=NeilV1;1702312]I believe it is an Earth Fare grocery store.[/

Earth Fare is opening Spring 2020.

Ben Franklin 12-16-2019 05:15 PM

Just sent our COSTCO renewal to their Real Estate Division, and told them, we can no longer renew after 10 years of being a member, because we moved to The Villages, and that they should consider a TV location, again. We also said because they are not near us, we had to join Sam's Club, but if they build it, we will come back.

John_W 12-16-2019 05:34 PM

Here's the Earth Fare in Ocala, that's why you get their flyer in the Sunday Sun.

https://www.ocala.com/storyimage/LK/...-170429534.jpg

HogPilot 12-16-2019 06:15 PM

Costco is coming

My wife was at the Wesley Chapel store a week ago to join again after almost 5 years. There was a specialty item she wanted, so she had to join again for the purchase. The membership agent (Cindy L) asked why it had been so long since we've been a member. She told her that its not conveniently close to The Villages. Well, Cindy said, you're in luck! She'd just returned from a corporate meeting and they have the permits in place and are looking for land to build it somewhere between The Villages and Ocala in 2020.

tophcfa 12-16-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogPilot (Post 1702330)
My wife was at the Wesley Chapel store a week ago to join again after almost 5 years. There was a specialty item she wanted, so she had to join again for the purchase. The membership agent (Cindy L) asked why it had been so long since we've been a member. She told her that its not conveniently close to The Villages. Well, Cindy said, you're in luck! She'd just returned from a corporate meeting and they have the permits in place and are looking for land to build it somewhere between The Villages and Ocala in 2020.

That’s good news :).

EdFNJ 12-16-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Ahhh, the bi-weekly "I was told Costco is coming from ____________ at Costco" thread. :pray: :a040::1rotfl:
Hopefully, but I definitely won't hold my breath.

New Englander 12-16-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

The bartender @ City Fire told me the same thing. :coolsmiley:

retiredguy123 12-16-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

I thought you needed a location before you got a permit?

billethkid 12-16-2019 10:46 PM

And the merry go round picks up speed!!!

:popcorn:

EdFNJ 12-16-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

My wife was at the Wesley Chapel store a week ago to join again after almost 5 years. There was a specialty item she wanted, so she had to join again for the purchase.

Just for the future. You don't have to join. Just get a Costco gift card and they will let you in to spend it even if you are not a member. In fact, you can buy one at Costco without even being a member. :D

Edit: Correction, you do have to be a member to get a GC but you DO NOT have to be one to use it in store or online. At one time you did not.

Rosebud2020 12-17-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1702392)
Just for the future. You don't have to join. Just get a Costco gift card and they will let you in to spend it even if you are not a member. In fact, you can buy one at Costco without even being a member. :D

Also, anyone can get their prescriptions filled at Costco.

arbajeda 12-17-2019 05:41 AM

Try the Costco at Wesley Chapel. About an hour south on I-75, right next to the outlet mall and a big "At Home" store. No tolls or other traffic mess with patronizing the Altamonte or Orlando Millennia Mall locations.

ColdNoMore 12-17-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

If true, for the plethora that love Costco...that would be AWESOME! :thumbup:

Probably not so much...for the Costco haters. :D