Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   Bowles Landscapers - Abusive (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/bowles-landscapers-abusive-300899/)

Petes 12-17-2019 09:43 AM

Bowles Landscapers - Abusive

Beware of Bowles Landscapers. My neighbor uses them and I spotted them walking over my property and trampling a cactus.
When I approached them about the incident, the young guy came towards me yelling and screaming obscenities.
They have no consideration for yours and other people’s property. Just want in and out as fast as possible.
Apparantley, they advertise themselves as “Christians”.

I did add the following in a separate post which seems to have disappeared?

Since Posting,
I contacted the owner who did the right thing and apologized on his employees behalf. . Let’s hope it was a one off hot headed incident not to be repeated.

John_W 12-17-2019 09:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up. If he was in a threatening manner I would consider calling the police. Then you're neighbor can find out what kind of jerks they hired. BTW, I've used McGowin and Terrascape over the years, and I have to Terrascape is a very professional outfit who want to please.

600th Photo Sq 12-17-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petes (Post 1702483)
Beware of Bowles Landscapers. My neighbor uses them and I spotted them walking over my property and trampling a cactus.
When I approached them about the incident, the young guy came towards me yelling and screaming obscenities.
They have no consideration for yours and other people’s property. Just want in and out as fast as possible.
Apparantley, they advertise themselves as “Christians”.

Actually if you are over 65 that is considered assault, think about the incident. :boxing2:

Just a thought

yabbadu 12-17-2019 06:07 PM

Something else might be in play here. Have used Bowles for sometime now and found them to always be very courteous.

600th Photo Sq 12-17-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yabbadu (Post 1702619)
Something else might be in play here. Have used Bowles for sometime now and found them to always be very courteous.

Past tense. This person had her plants trampled on but she was verbally abused.

Basically it is " You have the right to remain to be silent " etc.

The person was a punk .:doggie:

Marathon Man 12-17-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1702670)
Past tense. This person had her plants trampled on but she was verbally abused.

Basically it is " You have the right to remain to be silent " etc.

The person was a punk .:doggie:

Where you there? It's the only reason I can think of why you would completely believe one person, and completely dismiss another.

NavyVet 12-18-2019 10:42 AM

Over many years of observation, I have found that those who 'advertise' as christian are usually the most hypocritical.
I realize that sounds like a generalization but that has been my experience and is just my opinion. Peace. :-)

Rapscallion St Croix 12-18-2019 11:49 AM

Hmmm. I have two choices:
1. Call the owner of the company and let them know about the unacceptable behavior of their employee.
2. Vent on an internet forum.

Number 2, please.

AIMFIRE 12-18-2019 11:54 AM

Wow that’s quite a broad stroke description of Christians. The company may advertise as such but the workers might not be.

redwitch 12-18-2019 12:05 PM

I would definitely let the owner of Bowles know of this behavior.

1. The employee had no right to be on your property. It’s called trespassing.

2. The employee had no right to step on your plant. It’s called destruction of personal property.

3. The employee has no right to tell at you. It’s called, at the very least, threatening behavior and could be determined to be assault to a person over 65.

However, if you don’t tell the owner, there’s nothing he can do about it. Whether you choose to call the Sheriff is up to you. Telling us may let you get off some steam but doesn’t change anything.

Toymeister 12-18-2019 12:14 PM

The best option is to tell the firm is their bad employees are being discussed on an open forum for everyone to see.

If they are slightly smart they will come on this board to publicly apologize and reach out to the OP to offer some token for their trouble.

If the owner is quite intelligent they would do that and start a Google alert for their business name. And address issues early.

Marathon Man 12-18-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1702836)
Hmmm. I have two choices:
1. Call the owner of the company and let them know about the unacceptable behavior of their employee.
2. Vent on an internet forum.

Number 2, please.

Well done, sir.

Shimpy 12-18-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toymeister (Post 1702846)
The best option is to tell the firm is their bad employees are being discussed on an open forum for everyone to see.

If they are slightly smart they will come on this board to publicly apologize and reach out to the OP to offer some token for their trouble.

If the owner is quite intelligent they would do that and start a Google alert for their business name. And address issues early.

I always read your responses because they are accurate and to the point.

Petes 12-20-2019 03:24 PM

Since Posting,
I contacted the owner who did the right thing and apologized on his employees behalf. . Let’s hope it was a one off hot headed incident not to be repeated.

Velvet 12-20-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1702842)
I would definitely let the owner of Bowles know of this behavior.

1. The employee had no right to be on your property. It’s called trespassing.

2. The employee had no right to step on your plant. It’s called destruction of personal property.

3. The employee has no right to tell at you. It’s called, at the very least, threatening behavior and could be determined to be assault to a person over 65.

However, if you don’t tell the owner, there’s nothing he can do about it. Whether you choose to call the Sheriff is up to you. Telling us may let you get off some steam but doesn’t change anything.

Great comments, and I agree.

Telling us at this forum warns us. (I am looking for a landscaper too.) And it gives a chance to people like yourself to give us ideas on how to deal with an adverse situation.

rmd2 12-24-2019 12:00 AM

I used Bowles Landscaping and the service was not good. The owner came out to see me and was very condescending and rude. I would not use them.