Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Film Photography or Alternative Process (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/film-photography-alternative-process-300947/)

lmstevens 12-18-2019 11:05 AM

Film Photography or Alternative Process

Is there anone out ther in TV doing film photography or alternative process ? We will be relocating within 1-2 years and I'm looking for someone or a group with similar interest.

Dan9871 12-23-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmstevens (Post 1702824)
Is there anone out ther in TV doing film photography or alternative process ? We will be relocating within 1-2 years and I'm looking for someone or a group with similar interest.

You might want to check with The Villages photography club.

Home - The Villages Photoraghy Club

villagetinker 12-23-2019 04:06 PM

I have several film cameras, and have not used any of them for years, from movie cameras (Bolex) to 35mm to 110 and disk cameras. I will be following this thread to see what 'develops' OK sorry for the pun.

New Englander 12-23-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1704237)
I have several film cameras, and have not used any of them for years, from movie cameras (Bolex) to 35mm to 110 and disk cameras. I will be following this thread to see what 'develops' OK sorry for the pun.

If this thread does develop, I hope we are not left in the dark.

asianthree 12-23-2019 05:19 PM

We use our 35mm, process our selves. Problem with no basement here it’s a challenge. When I take a picture it needs to be my talent, not a camera that can make it better. Feels like I am cheating

saratogaman 12-23-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1704237)

You may want to cash out on that old gear -- try KEH. I've sold several film cameras to them, no hassle.

John_W 12-23-2019 06:37 PM

There are several Facebook pages for The Villages. Posters are always putting up photos from around the area. Here's a link and look for one poster named Sheldon Boyd, he puts up photos almost everyday. With all the time you have until you move, you can converse with him. There's many other as well, I just noticed about ten posters have put up photos of a rainbow from this afternoon.

lmstevens 12-23-2019 08:10 PM

Hehe, well good to see all the good humor here. Thanks for all this information. We shall see what develops and I hope we don’t keep anyone out in the dark.

lmstevens 12-23-2019 08:13 PM

Well maybe you’ll dust off a few and take them out for photo walk someday. If we can connect when we get down there I’ll skip you a few rolls to start with. All the best.

JoMar 12-23-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1704265)
We use our 35mm, process our selves. Problem with no basement here it’s a challenge. When I take a picture it needs to be my talent, not a camera that can make it better. Feels like I am cheating

Not sure what that means? The camera can only shoot what you want it to shoot. How you post process makes it look how you want it to look. How you use your chemicals and light gives you the look you want, same as post processing software gives you the look you want. The capability of the digital cameras can only enhance your talent, they can't replace it.

lmstevens 12-26-2019 06:14 PM

Yep, all true. I try not to get hung up on what' best. What's best for me may not be what's best for you. Just looking to use film and alternative processes as creative tools, and looking to find those who enjoy the same.

lmstevens 12-26-2019 06:16 PM

Thank you for the link, although, I am no longer a FB user. Life is so much nicer without it. But I will keep my eyes open for Sheldon's work.

lmstevens 12-26-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1704265)

It's been a long time since I've developed my own film. Maybe you can give me a refresher course when we get relocated to TV. I would be happy to share some of my photo shills as well.