Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   60,000 homes planned south of 470 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/60-000-homes-planned-south-470-a-301039/)

Dond1959 12-21-2019 12:35 PM

60,000 homes planned south of 470

In the daily sun today it stated the developer plans to build 60,000 additional homes south of 470 in land that has been purchased. So the 60,000 or so south of 44 in Southern Oaks plus the 60,000 south of 470 means almost doubling the size of The Villages.

Chi-Town 12-21-2019 01:38 PM

Build baby build.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 01:44 PM

Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!

champion6 12-21-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703714)
Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!

Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.

Dond1959 12-21-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1703716)
Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.

New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dond1959 (Post 1703723)
New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?

asianthree 12-21-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703725)
Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?

Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!:a040:

Lottoguy 12-21-2019 02:24 PM

One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Sell your home 1st, then come down & buy with cash money. you will save bigtime, by avoiding mortages & other fees. they moved us in within a week, & till then we stayed @ a rental villa, discounted price.

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1703731)
One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.

the way they build around here that plaza will be up in no time. until then i drive a whole 4 miles to get what i need. in no way a deterrent unless you live by golf cart only

asianthree 12-21-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

We have a grocery, and plaza 5 minutes by cart, and yet I don’t shop there. We drive 15 minutes to Fresh Market on Tuesday sale day. The rest of my groceries are delivered at my front door.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1703729)
Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed

Thank You! I’ll keep using TV app. I was just wondering if anyone would drive buy a new build site and see it before it was announced. I’ve heard that the average Villagers moves three times before finding their dream home. Bill

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 1703730)
Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!:a040:

Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

PS: We don’t want to be too close to the FL TP.

Dond1959 12-21-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703741)
Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

DeLuna is north of Marsh Bend and it is close to the turnpike. Chitty Chatty will be east of Morse and just south of 44. Not sure when they will begin building there, infrastructure going in now. Lots of options you can see at the Villages website. There is a map.

Velvet 12-21-2019 03:22 PM

vintageogauge 12-21-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

By Spring Chitty Chatty should be up and selling, the neighborhood pool is about complete in that village. It will be the first one on the other side of the Turnpike and once they put the bridge across 44 that village will have golf car access to shopping.

vintageogauge 12-21-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

What do you mean. There are probably 15 restaurants within 10 minutes of the Warm Springs & 501 intersection. It's less than 5 miles to Paddock Square or Lake Deaton Plaza, and it's worth driving 5 miles to live down here. There are tons of acres devoted to commercial building that they are currently working on and just announced another 1.5 million square feet of commercial space south of 470. This is going to have everything, just give it some time and in the mean time drive 10 minutes and you'll have lots of dining options.

golfing eagles 12-21-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dond1959 (Post 1703696)
In the daily sun today it stated the developer plans to build 60,000 additional homes south of 470 in land that has been purchased. So the 60,000 or so south of 44 in Southern Oaks plus the 60,000 south of 470 means almost doubling the size of The Villages.

Actually, since there are about 60,000 homes north of 44, it would be more like tripling it (if the numbers you cited are accurate)

karostay 12-21-2019 04:35 PM

How long before home prices start to slide due to over build ?

dewilson58 12-21-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1703767)

10am tomorrow.

Bogie Shooter 12-21-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1703767)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1703768)
10am tomorrow.

Is there a statistical analysis available...or did you just hear that from some bartender?:read:

dewilson58 12-21-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1703775)
Is there a statistical analysis available...or did you just hear that from some bartender?:read:

Everything on ToTV is factual.

All information is from knowledgeable posters.

And it was from my hairdresser.

Marathon Man 12-21-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703741)

Have you tried calling one of the sales office?

Velvet 12-21-2019 07:24 PM

Any day now the turnpike will be crossing the center of TV.

Two Bills 12-21-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 1703735)
the way they build around here that plaza will be up in no time. until then i drive a whole 4 miles to get what i need. in no way a deterrent unless you live by golf cart only

If you are referring to the proposed Magnolia Plaza opposite the Everglades RC. then builders need to pull their fingers out.
Passed there last week, groundwork seems under, way but not a living soul on site.
Wife and I walked the Hogeye Preserve Pathway, which I recommend to all, and the noise from the Turnpike could be heard right back to the nearby houses.
Many say you get used to the noise, but paying for some of those larger properties, I say, why should you have to get used to the traffic noise.
It is loud.
JMPO.

kcrazorbackfan 12-21-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

I won't give up the source, but about 10 months ago, we (a number of us at a meeting) heard that The Villages was about 1/3 as big as it's going to be.

Clermont, here we come.

Chellybean 12-21-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

anyone that can not due the math!
That is 300 homes a month 3600 a year, it will take them 16.67 years to build. supply and demand will lower the resale prices.

vintageogauge 12-21-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1703794)
anyone that can not due the math!
That is 300 homes a month 3600 a year, it will take them 16.67 years to build. supply and demand will lower the resale prices.

Millions of boomers yet to retire and beyond that it's only a guess what will happen. Doubtful I'll be around to see whatever it is.

600th Photo Sq 12-21-2019 08:51 PM

Not to mention " Noise from the Turnpike " Especially when it rains. The NOICE. Constant. So go ahead and listen to the BS plus the excavations of the lime cave excavations a huge concertration of caves.

Mulberry area as an example.

Plus Coleman Federal Prison next door.

Lastly Coleman Prison

Bye

vintageogauge 12-21-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1703801)
Not to mention " Noise from the Turnpike " Especially when it rains. The NOICE. Constant. So go ahead and listen to the BS plus the excavations of the lime cave excavations a huge concertration of caves.

Mulberry area as an example.

Plus Coleman Federal Prison next door.

Lastly Coleman Prison

Bye

Not all of the villages down here are near the Turnpike. I have a home in Fenney as well as Monarch Grove and you cannot hear the Turnpike from either one of them. Chatty Chatty will be even further from the Turnpike. The limestone excavation is not caves, where do you get this information? The Coleman prison is not a concern and has been talked about on this forum many times, no one has ever escaped from that federal prison and they are now building much further away from it than 2 years ago.. You don't live here, you don't plan on living here so why are you even following this topic? You don't hear anyone living here complaining.

Altavia 12-21-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1703802)
Not all of the villages down here are near the Turnpike. I have a home in Fenney as well as Monarch Grove and you cannot hear the Turnpike from either one of them. Chatty Chatty will be even further from the Turnpike. The limestone excavation is not caves, where do you get this information? The Coleman prison is not a concern and has been talked about on this forum many times, no one has ever escaped from that federal prison and they are now building much further away from it than 2 years ago.. You don't live here, you don't plan on living here so why are you even following this topic? You don't hear anyone living here complaining.

Exactly -I'd much rather be near Colemen and it's thousands of first responders and former military employees than a mall :coolsmiley:

Ashley from UK 12-22-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1703796)
Millions of boomers yet to retire and beyond that it's only a guess what will happen. Doubtful I'll be around to see whatever it is.

This is SOOOO True. At the moment TV is mainly US citizens. Some of us from the other side of the pond have heard of you, and over time so will more. When doing my research I noted that TV has a enough land and programme to continue building (I think I read in one of the county minutes they have permissions through to c2043) well into the 2030's/40's.

So I agree that there is space and a demand. All the time TV is a cross between an adult Disney and Centre Parks it will be a huge success, that will extend worldwide and not be US centric. This will be great for the TV as people like me come over, pay mega high taxes (compared to UK), don't get a vote or a right to stay longer than 6 months, but we do get the sunshine - something really lacking over here. TV get our £ € $ which subsidise the services for those lucky enough to enjoy life in Florida all year round. With a world market it also means supply will stay high, sales and rentals will be great, and you have no fears. Besides does it matter if your HOME is worth $1m or $100k? its you home first and foremost, and only really has a value the day you sell it.

Mmarr 12-22-2019 05:40 AM

Best place to be north of 44.. get a MLS realtor..be educated on TV..

Ashley from UK 12-22-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

We put a deposit down ($10k) for a designer home in Marsh Bend, first week of November. We have our designer meeting booked for first week of March (deposit 10% less $10k) and our home will be ready sometime between June and August - depending on whether we add a pool or not. With this in mind if you saw your perfect LOT then go for it, in the knowledge that you have circa 8/9 months before you can move in - which gives you 8/9 months to sell your home.

We put our deposit down the day that Everglades opened so Edna's was packed and being used as an overflow car park\coach pick up\drop off. There was a lot of construction going on so we made a point of standing in silence (hard for me) to listen for the background noise, freeway, Edna's at lunch time, builders etc. Now maybe too much heavy metel in my youth, maybe the fact we live in London so lots of noise polution, but for us we didn't have any issues with noise and thought it was nice and quiet.

Oh and TV doesn't show all the planned properties, but this link does Aldi in Wildwood, 5643 Seven Mile Drive, telephone number and opening times right down to the street names and house numbers (zoom into the map). Overlay the map to TV sales site and you can see the junctions marked out. Also look on this site as two people have posted ariel photos of the whole area north of Marsh Bend.

Mmarr 12-22-2019 05:45 AM

Then stay north of 44..take a drive.. turnpike, prison, mines.. all together

Debboguch50 12-22-2019 06:04 AM

South of 44 in the villages

Check out youtube gold wingnut productions llc lots of video by drone of the new sections! Judge for yourself!

JimJohnson 12-22-2019 06:44 AM

Remember to add a few thousand to your annual tax bill if you buy south of 44. You will be in the Wildwood City tax zone.

Bogie Shooter 12-22-2019 07:30 AM

Caves?

Bogie Shooter 12-22-2019 07:34 AM

And the bashing continues.