Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   60,000 homes planned south of 470 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/60-000-homes-planned-south-470-a-301039/)

Dond1959 12-21-2019 12:35 PM

60,000 homes planned south of 470

In the daily sun today it stated the developer plans to build 60,000 additional homes south of 470 in land that has been purchased. So the 60,000 or so south of 44 in Southern Oaks plus the 60,000 south of 470 means almost doubling the size of The Villages.

Chi-Town 12-21-2019 01:38 PM

Build baby build.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 01:44 PM

Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!

champion6 12-21-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703714)
Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!

Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.

Dond1959 12-21-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1703716)
Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.

New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dond1959 (Post 1703723)
New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?

asianthree 12-21-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703725)
Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?

Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703714)

Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!:a040:

Lottoguy 12-21-2019 02:24 PM

One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703725)

Sell your home 1st, then come down & buy with cash money. you will save bigtime, by avoiding mortages & other fees. they moved us in within a week, & till then we stayed @ a rental villa, discounted price.

PugMom 12-21-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1703731)
One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.

the way they build around here that plaza will be up in no time. until then i drive a whole 4 miles to get what i need. in no way a deterrent unless you live by golf cart only

asianthree 12-21-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1703731)

We have a grocery, and plaza 5 minutes by cart, and yet I don’t shop there. We drive 15 minutes to Fresh Market on Tuesday sale day. The rest of my groceries are delivered at my front door.

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1703729)
Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed

Thank You! I’ll keep using TV app. I was just wondering if anyone would drive buy a new build site and see it before it was announced. I’ve heard that the average Villagers moves three times before finding their dream home. Bill

Sabrina&Bill 12-21-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 1703730)
Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!:a040:

Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

PS: We don’t want to be too close to the FL TP.

Dond1959 12-21-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1703741)
Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

PS: We don’t want to be too close to the FL TP.

DeLuna is north of Marsh Bend and it is close to the turnpike. Chitty Chatty will be east of Morse and just south of 44. Not sure when they will begin building there, infrastructure going in now. Lots of options you can see at the Villages website. There is a map.